Commercial and Finance Analyst
- Barcelona, Spain
ESL Languages is the leading European study abroad agency. We have been organising language courses abroad throughout the world since 1996. Our presence is international, with more than 40 sales offices across Europe.
Beyond linguistic, cultural and geographical borders, more than 25 thousand students every year make the choice to book with ESL and make their goal of learning a language and discovering the world a reality.
ESL received many industry accolades over the years. We entered into the eternal Hall of Fame as Best European Study Abroad Agency in Europe in 2016 after winning 5 times in 6 consecutive years. This prestigious ST award is based on the votes of thousands of language schools around the world and rewards the quality counseling and high service provided by all of the ESL staff.
In 2019, ESL became part of the Kaplan Languages Group, one of the largest global chains of English language schools. ESL continues to work an independent agency within the KLG group.
Reporting to the Senior Controlling Manager, the Commercial and Finance analyst:
- Ensure that accountancy procedures and system enablers further business performance analyses
- Participate in business flows and processes reviews and improvements
- Be the bridge between financial accounting and commercial controlling with regards of cost control
- Participate on sales, margin and cost controlling reporting by comparing and analysing actual with plans and Forecast
- Support Commercial Controller and Finance & Accounting Managers in preparing analyses and reports
- Assist Managers in risk management and controls and in compliance checks
Main Tasks and Activities
-Reporting and analyses
- Daily, weekly and monthly Leads, Sales and Margin performance reports
- Marketing Budget Control
- HQ and local expenses, travels and IT cost Controls
- Profitability analyses by Markets and Offices
-Budget and Forecast
- Participate on Budget and Forecasts process.
- Support Commercial Controller Manager on stabilizing best tools to plan and track Sales, Margin and Marketing costs
-Business Intelligence System
- Collaborate with the Business/BI Analyst on the maintenance and upgrade of our Business intelligence system
- Create and supervise new Cost Centres and accounts
- Participate in risks management, processes reviews and improvements
- Assist Managers in legal, regulatory and/or statutory compliance
-Accounting and Reporting systems
- Help Managers in phases of implementing accounting and reporting systems
- Assist Managers in systems improvements and testing
- Make sure that reports are showing an accurate image of reality
-Ad hoc analyses
- Support Commercial Controller and other business partners on in depth analyses linked to business performance and profitability improvement
-Ad hoc projects
- Participate in cross functional projects
-Education and experience
- University Degree in Finance/Business
- At least 4 years of experience on both Financial Accounting and Controlling Areas.
- Proficient in Excel and Power point
- Experience in combining data from different database for analysis
- Experience with Accountancy systems and Business Intelligence tools. Power BI knowledge will be a plus
- Experience with CRM Systems ( Sales Force system will be a plus)
- Ability to effectively communicate with Finance and non-Finance partners ( experience with Digital Marketing will be a plus)
- Excellent organisational skills including ability to keep accurate records.
- Good understanding on business challenges.
- MS Office or Office 365 / Accountancy Software / BI and reporting system
- Fluent in English and Spanish is a must.
- Italian, French or German are a plus
- Reliable, detail and result-oriented skills.
- Have both creative thinking and analytical skills.
- Have a great flexibility, outstanding organization skills and the ability to work independently and in a team.
- Problem solved and decision maker oriented
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as having excellent team-working skills
What We Offer You:
- The opportunity to develop your skills in an international environment, in the exciting field of tourism
- A dynamic work atmosphere
- Competitive salary + Ticket restaurant
- Place of work: Barcelona (Spain)
- Start date: to be determined
- Reference: ESL_Finance
- Type of contract: permanent contract
- Activity rate: Full time