UX/UI Digital Designer
- Barcelona, Spain
ESL Languages is the leading European study abroad agency. We have been organising language courses abroad throughout the world since 1996. Our presence is international, with more than 40 sales offices across Europe.
Beyond linguistic, cultural and geographical borders, more than 25 thousand students every year make the choice to book with ESL and make their goal of learning a language and discovering the world a reality.
ESL received many industry accolades over the years. We entered into the eternal Hall of Fame as Best European Study Abroad Agency in Europe in 2016 after winning 5 times in 6 consecutive years. This prestigious ST award is based on the votes of thousands of language schools around the world and rewards the quality counseling and high service provided by all of the ESL staff.
In 2019, ESL became part of the Kaplan Languages Group, one of the largest global chains of English language schools. ESL continues to work an independent agency within the KLG group.
We are looking for a creative and motivated designer with digital design experience and a customer-oriented approach to join our in-house design team. Working as part of the Marketing department, and reporting directly to the Design Manager, you will be in charge of the UX/UI improvements of our website and give support with the delivery of cross-channel marketing materials intended for online use, working closely with other departments teams to create and bring ideas to life.
- Key player within ESL website development to help achieving the objectives, while assuming the lead of the UX/UI track and working closely with the rest of the project track leaders (Research&Analytics, Content, SEO, Web)
- Contribute to user&data research and insights, wireframing, testing and provide UI design suggestions for our website
- Collaborate with developers to ensure the correct front-end implementation
- While the focus is mainly on digital, support for other online and offline-related projects might be required (e.g.: visual content for Social Media, online marketing assets, brochures, flyers and other corporate materials…)
- Respond with quality design solutions, meet deadlines and iterate when necessary based on clear and detailed briefings received from the different areas and the directions and supervision from the Design Manager
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years of UX/UI work experience and a portfolio that reflects it
- Experience in collaborative projects with other designers and developers
- Competent with Adobe Creative Cloud (XD, Photoshop, Illustrator…), Sketch and Figma
- Knowledge of fundamental UX principles and UI guidelines. Knowledge of agile methodologies will be a plus
- Basic knowledge of CSS/HTML
- Video edition skills (Adobe Premiere; After Effects) will be valued
- Experience within agile methodologies and tools related (Confluence, Jira…)
- Ability to work in a very structured way, accurately and consistenly
- Very collaborative team oriented person, positive, proactive and with a ‘can do’ mentality
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. Other languages will be a plus
What We Offer You:
- The opportunity to develop your skills in an international environment, in the exciting field of language travel
- A dynamic work atmosphere
- Competitive salary + Ticket restaurant
- Place of work: Barcelona (Spain)
- Start date: ASAP
- Reference: ESL_UX
- Type of contract: Permanent
- Activity rate: Full time
If you fit the profile and are interested in this position, please send us your application file in English (résumé) along with a cover letter in French.