Digital Product Manager
- Barcelona, Spain
ESL Languages is the leading European study abroad agency. We have been organising language courses abroad throughout the world since 1996. Our presence is international, with more than 40 sales offices across Europe.
Beyond linguistic, cultural and geographical borders, more than 25 thousand students every year make the choice to book with ESL and make their goal of learning a language and discovering the world a reality.
ESL received many industry accolades over the years. We entered into the eternal Hall of Fame as Best European Study Abroad Agency in Europe in 2016 after winning 5 times in 6 consecutive years. This prestigious ST award is based on the votes of thousands of language schools around the world and rewards the quality counseling and high service provided by all of the ESL staff.
In 2019, ESL became part of the Kaplan Languages Group, one of the largest global chains of English language schools. ESL continues to work an independent agency within the KLG group.
We are looking for an experienced Digital Product Manager [AG1] to help us grow our digital capabilities.
Reporting to the Head of Marketing, the Digital Product Manager will:
- Be joining a marketing team of passionate digital marketing professionals and be responsible for defining and leading digital product strategy for our websites and paving the way for our ecommerce ambitions.
- Work with the cross-functional team, bringing together the functional pillars of our websites (product, content, marketing, compliance) to deliver the vision by improving existing features and developing new capabilities, on time and within budget.
- In addition, you’ll be responsible for implementing necessary changes and updates on our websites following the marketing and digital plan and new product launches.
- This role would offer an excellent level of challenge to a product manager looking to apply their skills in a global, multi-language environment. You will be working across multiple platforms - a multi lingual Drupal-built website, our corporate blog and quotation and ecommerce platform.
- Owns the web product vision (including the e-commerce roadmap) and maintains a prioritised feature backlog based on business value, aligned with the marketing and business strategy and resource capacity (budget and teams).
- Works with stakeholder teams to determine the scope of different projects affecting the website and define the objectives and requirements.
- Translates the project requirements into actionable user stories and tasks.
- Drives the high-quality execution of the project roadmap with the teams in a timely manner.
- Develops and manages a detailed project schedule and work plan.
- Communicates effectively with stakeholders and provides project updates on a consistent basis about project implementation strategy, progress, adjustments and results.
- You must have previous experience in a similar position, ideally in the tourism environment
- You possess interpersonal and communication skills
- You are used to work under pressure and deliver as per expected deadlines
- Problem solver and strong at prioritizing.
- You have strong administrative skills and are good organizational skills.
- Fluency in English is a must. Spanish knowledge is highly desirable and German and Italian is an advantage.
Education and experience
- BSc or MSc in computer science, engineering or related field.
- Technical background, with understanding of software development and web technologies.
- 3 - 5 years of experience as a Product Manager for e-commerce with good knowledge of Agile practices and used to working with design teams and software developers (in-house/agencies).
- Ability to gather complex requirements and translate them into projects for execution.
- Experience running A/B tests.
- Solution oriented
- Positive and can-do attitude with strong focus on delivery.
- Ability to explain complex projects and outcomes in a simple and clear way.
- Accurate and reliable
- Used to work under pressure and deliver as per the expected deadlines
- Strong prioritization skills
- Problem solving
- Proactive and Good communicator
- Solution oriented
- Team player, with excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to explain complex projects and outcomes in a simple and clear way.
What We Offer You:
- The opportunity to develop your skills in an international environment, in the exciting field of language travel
- A young and dynamic work atmosphere
- An environment where corporate ethics and sustainable development matter
- Competitive salary + Ticket restaurant
Place of work: Barcelona (Spain)
Start date: ASAP
Type of contract: 9 months + Permanent
Activity rate: Full time
If you fit the profile and are interested in this position, please send us your application file in English (résumé) along with a cover letter. Please note that only applications received through our online platform will be informed of the status of their application.