Full stack developer
- Barcelona, Spain
As a leading study abroad agency, ESL has been organising language courses abroad in Switzerland and throughout the world since 1996. Our presence is international, with more than 45 sales offices in Europe and Latin America. Beyond linguistic, cultural and geographical borders, we have helped thousands of students make their goal of learning a language and discovering the world a reality.
For the fifth time since 2010, ESL was voted Star Study Abroad Agency in Europe at the 2016 ST Awards. This prestigious award results from the votes of hundreds of language schools around the world and rewards the quality work and efforts provided by all of the ESL staff.
In 2019, ESL has joined forces with Kaplan International English, one of the largest English-language trainers in the English-speaking world, helping students enrich their lives and careers through language education. Kaplan’s 37 English language schools in the U.K., U.S., Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and Ireland teach almost 40,000 students from over 150 countries. Kaplan’s specially designed “K+” learning system provides an integrated approach to learning, combining online tools, exercises in class and offline books.
We are currently looking for a Web full stack developer who will ensure that our multilingual websites and web applications are developed and maintained to the highest industry standards.
In close collaboration with the web team and some of the company’s key member located in different offices, this person participates in the development of key business applications. This person will be part of a cross-functional team that’s responsible for the full software development life cycle, from conception to deployment.
- Participating in the design and creation of scalable web applications
- Writing clean, functional code on the front/back-end
- Create, adapt, integrate web designs in an optimized way following the latest web
- Build the front-end of applications through appealing visual design
- Build and optimize Restful API
- Testing and fixing bugs or other coding issues
- Write technical and functional documentation
- Help users through a ticketing system
- 5 years’ minimum experience in the field of website or application development
- Perfect command of at least one PHP MVC framework (FuelPHP, Symfony, CodeIgniter…)
- Knowledge in the use of cloud based (API) and e-commerce platforms
- Knowledge in databases (MySQL, MariaDB…), web servers (Apache…) and UI/UX design
- Command of versioning tools (Git…)
- Command of Agile (Scrum) development method is a plus
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- An analytical mind
- Experience working with a remote and onsite team
- Ability to listen and understand quickly the job requested
- Detail oriented and flexible
- Ability to work both autonomously and within a team
- Ability to prioritise multiple tasks and be proactive
- Fluent in English
- French, Spanish or any other European languages is considered a strong advantage
What We Offer You:
- The opportunity to develop your skills in an international environment, in the exciting field of language travel
- A young and dynamic work atmosphere
- An environment where corporate ethics and sustainable development matter
- Competitive salary + Ticket restaurant
- Place of work: Barcelona (Spain)
- Start date: ASAP
- Reference: ESL_Fullstack
- Type of contract: Permanent
- Activity rate: Full time
If you fit the profile and are interested in this position, please send us your application file in English (résumé) along with a cover letter. Please note that only applications received through our online platform will be informed of the status of their application.