Global Marketing Executive
- Barcelona, Spain
As a leading study abroad agency, ESL has been organising language courses abroad in Switzerland and throughout the world since 1996. Our presence is international, with more than 45 sales offices in Europe and Latin America. Beyond linguistic, cultural and geographical borders, we have helped thousands of students make their goal of learning a language and discovering the world a reality.
For the fifth time since 2010, ESL was voted Star Study Abroad Agency in Europe at the 2016 ST Awards. This prestigious award results from the votes of hundreds of language schools around the world and rewards the quality work and efforts provided by all of the ESL staff.
In 2019, ESL has joined forces with Kaplan International English, one of the largest English-language trainers in the English-speaking world, helping students enrich their lives and careers through language education. Kaplan’s 37 English language schools in the U.K., U.S., Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and Ireland teach almost 40,000 students from over 150 countries. Kaplan’s specially designed “K+” learning system provides an integrated approach to learning, combining online tools, exercises in class and offline books.
Our Global Marketing Team, in charge of defining the brand communication strategy across all channels, is currently looking to add in its ranks an enthusiastic, creative and experienced Global Marketing Executive. The person must be used to interact in different cultural environments and willing to learn and develop her/himself in our challenging high-growth industry, but also bring an innovative approach and flexible mindset to help us think in new ways, always keeping up with the latest trends.
In this strategic position, the main mission will be to lead the definition, implementation and monitoring of the Marketing plan for several markets in collaboration with the local regional managers to increase our current levels of sales, brand awareness, and organic traffic. This includes, but is not limited to, building a strong global annual calendar and adapt it locally, analyzing data to understand our targets specificities, developing 360º campaigns from idea generation to content creation to execution, and managing budgets with the objective to control and improve RoI.
The Global Marketing Executive will also be in charge of various large-scale projects aimed at developing the marketing activities of the whole company in parallel with some some administrative and logistic support within the team.
In this dynamic and challenging role, the person will be in tight relationship with the product, sales and social media teams based worldwide to ensure full alignment and consistency in the implementation of the different initiatives.
- Defining and optimising our regional marketing strategy for several markets:
- Translate global strategy to regional communication
- Develop regional plans and activity calendar (based on global)
- Translate global to local content and develop local content where needed
- Analyze local leads and sales results
- Develop good understanding and intel on local market, client and competition
- Work together with sales to develop local partnership strategy
- Coordinate all local adaptation needs between sales and the other marketing specialists
- Ownership of the local marketing budget
- Participating in the development of global marketing activities and managing various projects autonomously (contests, customer surveys, events, partnerships, etc.)
- Collaborating on various analyses together with controlling (customer buying cycle, impact of our special offers, etc.)
- Operational coordination of marketing actions in collaboration with the Global Marketing Team
- Support during waves of promotional material printing and other collateral
Education and Experience
- Minimum 3-5 years' experience in a similar position in an international company
- A Master degree in Marketing / Business Administration
- Experience in project management
- Proven experience in brand and digital marketing
- Strong analytical skills and data driven mindset
- Experience in managing budgets
- Ability to perfectly master MS Office tools
- Facebook Ads Manager, Google Analytics and Youtube Ads knowledge would be highly valued
- Experience using a CRM and CMS would be a plus
- Ability to work with colleagues located in other countries
- Ability to multitask managing several projects at the same time while paying attention to details
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and meet deadlines
- Organized, results-oriented and rigorous
- Hands-on, dynamic, proactive
- Good interpersonal skills
- Fully fluent (listening, speaking and writing) in English
- Other language skills would be a plus
What We Offer You:
- The opportunity to develop your skills in an international environment, in the exciting field of language travel
- A young and dynamic work atmosphere
- An environment where corporate ethics and sustainable development matter
- Competitive salary + Ticket restaurant
Place of work: Barcelona (Spain)
Start date: ASAP
Reference: ESL_Global Marketing
Type of contract: Permanent
Activity rate: Full time
If you fit the profile and are interested in this position, please send us your application file in English (résumé) along with a cover letter. Please note that only applications received through our online platform will be informed of the status of their application.