UX & Digital Designer
- Barcelona, Spain
As a leading study abroad agency, ESL has been organising language courses abroad in Switzerland and throughout the world since 1996. Our presence is international, with more than 45 sales offices in Europe and Latin America. Beyond linguistic, cultural and geographical borders, we have helped thousands of students make their goal of learning a language and discovering the world a reality.
For the fifth time since 2010, ESL was voted Star Study Abroad Agency in Europe at the 2016 ST Awards. This prestigious award results from the votes of hundreds of language schools around the world and rewards the quality work and efforts provided by all of the ESL staff.
In 2019, ESL has joined forces with Kaplan International English, one of the largest English-language trainers in the English-speaking world, helping students enrich their lives and careers through language education. Kaplan’s 37 English language schools in the U.K., U.S., Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and Ireland teach almost 40,000 students from over 150 countries. Kaplan’s specially designed “K+” learning system provides an integrated approach to learning, combining online tools, exercises in class and offline books.
We are looking for a creative and motivated designer with digital design experience and a customer-oriented approach to join our in-house design team. Working as part of the Marketing department, and reporting directly to the Design Manager, you will be involved in helping with the UX/UI improvements of our website and supporting the delivery of cross-channel marketing materials intended for online use, working closely with other departments teams to create and bring ideas to life.
- Key player within ESL website development to help achieving the objectives, while assuming the lead of the UX/UI track and working closely with the rest of the project track leaders (Research&Analytics, Content, SEO, Web)
- Contribute to user&data research and insights, wireframing, testing and provide UI design suggestions for our website
- While the focus is mainly on digital, support for other online and offline-related projects might be required (e.g.: visual content for Social Media, online marketing assets, brochures, flyers and other corporate materials…)
- Respond with quality design solutions, meet deadlines and iterate when necessary based on clear and detailed briefings received from the different areas and the directions and supervision from the Design Manager
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years of UX/UI work experience and a portfolio that reflects it
- Competent with Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Indesign, Illustrator, After Effects) and Sketch
- Knowledge of fundamental UX principles and guidelines. Knowledge of agile methodologies will be a plus
- Basic knowledge of CSS/HTML
- Video edition skills (Adobe Premiere) will be valued
- Ability to work in a very structured way, accurately and consistenly
- Very collaborative team oriented person, positive, proactive and with a ‘can do’ mentality
- Good level of English is a must. Other languages will be a plus
What We Offer You:
- The opportunity to develop your skills in an international environment, in the exciting field of language travel
- A young and dynamic work atmosphere
- An environment where corporate ethics and sustainable development matter
- Competitive salary + Ticket restaurant
Place of work: Barcelona (Spain)
Start date: ASAP
Reference: ESL_UX & Digital Designer
Type of contract: Permanent
Activity rate: Full time
If you fit the profile and are interested in this position, please send us your application file in English (résumé) along with a cover letter. Please note that only applications received through our online platform will be informed of the status of their application.