- Passeig de Gràcia, 86, 08008 Barcelona, Spain
As a leading study abroad agency, ESL has been organising language courses abroad in Switzerland and throughout the world since 1996. Our presence is international, with more than 45 sales offices in Europe and Latin America. Beyond linguistic, cultural and geographical borders, we have helped thousands of students make their goal of learning a language and discovering the world a reality.
For the fifth time since 2010, ESL was voted Star Study Abroad Agency in Europe at the 2016 ST Awards. This prestigious award results from the votes of hundreds of language schools around the world and rewards the quality work and efforts provided by all of the ESL staff.
In 2019, ESL has joined forces with Kaplan International English, one of the largest English-language trainers in the English-speaking world, helping students enrich their lives and careers through language education. Kaplan’s 37 English language schools in the U.K., U.S., Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and Ireland teach almost 40,000 students from over 150 countries. Kaplan’s specially designed “K+” learning system provides an integrated approach to learning, combining online tools, exercises in class and offline books.
At ESL we are currently seeking a Drupal Developer to join in our Web team. He or she will be responsible for developing, maintaining and supporting our Drupal estate. His or her role will focus on the development and optimisation of our brand-new corporate website.
The successful candidate should possess commercial experience developing large Drupal websites, be a team player, possess a passion for technology in general, and must have excellent written and verbal communication skills to explain and convince others of their technical choices.
Working as part of our web team and reporting to the web team manager, your responsibilities will include:
- Help develop a high-quality, multilingual, multimarket website.
- Interface with business leaders to help shape future requirements.
- Make smart technology choices that drive our business forward.
- Adhere to best practices and coding standards as defined within the industry and the team.
Skills and experience
- 5 years or more of proven commercial experience in Drupal development.
- Significant knowledge of Drupal 8.
- Ability to architect enterprise Drupal solutions including data, display, and information architecture.
- Custom module development experience.
- Experience building multilingual solutions.
- Experience with content migration into Drupal.
- Strong skills on the LAMP stack, comfortable managing SQL databases, and an in-depth knowledge of PHP.
- Utilisation of Agile methodologies (SCRUM / Kanban).
- Experience with automated testing, and continuous integration.
- Proven ability developing with front-end technologies and responsive design.
- Version control experience (Git preferred).
- Use of Docker for local development a benefit.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Self-starter and independent worker.
- Formal and methodical approach to development and writing code.
- Good team player who is able to adapt their working style to fit in with the team.
- Experience working with remote teams.
- Fluency in English.
- French and Spanish are considered a strong advantage.
What we offer you:
- The opportunity to develop your skills in an international environment, in the exciting field of language travel.
- A young and dynamic work atmosphere.
- An environment where corporate ethics and sustainable development matter.
- Competitive salary + Ticket restaurant
Place of work: Barcelona (Spain)
Start date: ASAP
Reference: ESL_Drupal developer
Type of contract: Permanent
Activity rate: Full time
If you fit the profile and are interested in this position, please send us your application file in English (résumé) along with a cover letter. Please note that only applications received through our online platform will be informed of the status of their application.