Web Development Manager
- Passeig de Gràcia, 86, 08008 Barcelona, Spain
As a leading study abroad agency, ESL has been organising language courses abroad in Switzerland and throughout the world since 1996. Our presence is international, with more than 45 sales offices in Europe and Latin America. Beyond linguistic, cultural and geographical borders, we have helped thousands of students make their goal of learning a language and discovering the world a reality.
For the fifth time since 2010, ESL was voted Star Study Abroad Agency in Europe at the 2016 ST Awards. This prestigious award results from the votes of hundreds of language schools around the world and rewards the quality work and efforts provided by all of the ESL staff.
In 2019, ESL has joined forces with Kaplan International English, one of the largest English-language trainers in the English-speaking world, helping students enrich their lives and careers through language education. Kaplan’s 37 English language schools in the U.K., U.S., Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and Ireland teach almost 40,000 students from over 150 countries. Kaplan’s specially designed “K+” learning system provides an integrated approach to learning, combining online tools, exercises in class and offline books.
· The Web development manager assures that various multilingual websites and web applications are developed and maintained to the highest industry standards.
· He/she ensures the highest level of systems integrity, quality of development and application of best practices and ensures that his team members adhere to industry standards and use industry accepted tools in the development of the company’s web applications and websites.
· He/she is a key team member or leader of company-wide projects such as Ux, SEO, Leads Optimization and E-Commerce. His analytical skills will be used to help document and design new or improved business systems that will be developed by his team or other members of the Information Services team in joint projects, such as our CRM/ERP developers.
· He/she interfaces directly with key members of the leadership team and project stakeholders to ensure the company’s objectives are clearly expressed, documented and achieved in a timely manner, in accordance with available resources.
· He/she manages the staff in the Web Department, including recruitment, motivation, performance evaluation and career development.
· He/she oversees or performs aspects of user coordination, training, documentation and quality control regarding the systems developed and supported by his team.
Education and experience
· University-level bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Web Design, Digital Marketing or related fields.
· Minimum of 5 years of experience managing web developers, designers, business analysts and testers to develop and maintain complex commercial websites and related applications. He/she will have a minimum of 10 years of experience in the field of website or application development with at least 5 years in a hands-on development role managing both on-site and remote teams.
· As part of the previous work experience, at least two large, multi-lingual web projects under his/her belt as a team lead.
· Extremely proficiency in the use of cloud based, API enabled open source off-the-shelf content management (ex: Drupal) and e-commerce platforms.
· Master Agile development techniques (Scrum etc.).
· Experience working with cloud DevOps teams. Amazon web services experience is preferred.
· Experience working with remote technical teams.
Language and communications skills
· Fluency in written and spoken English, as well as at least one other major European language, including the language spoken at the job location (French or Spanish).
· Excellent communications and presentation skills and be able to clearly and succinctly communicate will all levels of the hierarchy.
What we offer you:
- The opportunity to develop your skills in an international environment, in the exciting field of language travel.
- A young and dynamic work atmosphere.
- An environment where corporate ethics and sustainable development matter.
- Autonomy at work, alongside regular contacts with the Web team in Switzerland and in Spain.
- Competitive salary + Managerial bonus + Ticket restaurant
Place of work: Barcelona (Spain)
Start date: ASAP
Reference: ESL_Web Manager_Bcn
Type of contract: Permanent contract
Activity rate: Full time
If you fit the profile and are interested in this position, please send us your application file in English (résumé) along with a cover letter. Please note that only applications received through our online platform will be informed of the status of their application.