Compensation and Benefits Specialist – 80% to 100%
- Passeig de Gràcia, Barcelona, Spain
As a leading study abroad agency, ESL has been organising language courses abroad in Switzerland and throughout the world since 1996. Our presence is international, with more than 45 sales offices in Europe and Latin America. Beyond linguistic, cultural and geographical borders, we have helped thousands of students make their goal of learning a language and discovering the world a reality.
For the fifth time since 2010, ESL was voted Star Study Abroad Agency in Europe at the 2016 ST Awards. This prestigious award results from the votes of hundreds of language schools around the world and rewards the quality work and efforts provided by all of the ESL staff.
We are currently looking for a Compensation and Benefits Specialist who will process and manage the company’s payroll and tasks (70%) and support the HR department in company projects and general HR tasks (30%).
Are you passionate about languages and travel? Are you inspired by the idea of working in a dynamic team? If you are ready to get involved, a new professional challenge awaits you at ESL!
- Manage the monthly payroll preparation for our different markets and ensure that all payroll transactions are processed accurately and timely
- Ensure an efficient coordination and communication with our fiduciary internationally
- Maintain our main payroll database updated with all current payroll information and forecast (future new roles, changes, etc.)
- Give accurate information for requests from staff or managers about payroll or legal issue
- Follow and keep updated our internal payroll procedures for each market (having them updated and clear in case of backup)
- Keep updated the SCI concerning the payroll process
- Insure to be compliance with the labor legal laws of our different countries
General HR activities and projects
- Preparation of the work contract for our different countries
- Support the Head of HR in different HR projects and tasks
- You have proven experience as Payroll Specialist, at least 5 years, in an international environment
- You have a solid understanding of accounting fundamentals and payroll best practices
- You have knoweldge and experience in other HR areas and interest to participate to various HR project and tasks
Your professional skills and education:
- You have an extensive Spanish labor law knowledge skills and knowledge at an international level
- You have excellent math and numerical skills
- You are a proficiency Excel user
- You have outstanding time management and organizational ability with great attention to detail
- You are a fluent English and Spanish speaker. A French skill is considered a big plus
Your personal skills:
- You have strong interpersonal (verbal and written) communication skills
- You have a high ethical standard to manage information of a confidential nature
- You have the ability and the interest to multi-task
What we offer you:
- The opportunity to develop your skills in an international environment, in the exciting field of language travel
- A young and dynamic work atmosphere
- An environment where corporate ethics and sustainable development matter
Place of work: Barcelona
Start date: To be agreed
Type of contract: Permanent contract
Activity rate: from 80% to 100% - to be discussed
If you fit the profile and are tempted by the experience, please send us your application file in English (resume) along with a cover letter.