Content Manager & English Copywriter (Native Speaker)
- Passeig de Gràcia, Barcelona, Spain
As a leading study abroad agency, ESL has been organising language courses abroad in Switzerland and throughout the world since 1996. Our presence is international, with more than 45 sales offices in Europe and Latin America. Beyond linguistic, cultural and geographical borders, we have helped thousands of students make their goal of learning a language and discovering the world a reality.
For the fifth time, ESL was voted Star Study Abroad Agency in Europe at the ST Awards. This prestigious award results from the votes of hundreds of language schools around the world and rewards the quality work and efforts provided by all of the ESL staff.
We’re looking for a Content Manager & English Copywriter for our head office in Barcelona.
The Content Manager & English Copywriter is in charge of coordinating and executing the creation of content and adapting it to the company’s 13 international markets, available in 7 different languages. The role also involves the management and supervision of a small team of in-house and freelance translators.
- Coordinate the conceptualisation, writing, translation and localisation of content for all channels, as well as its implementation and publication. Types of content: product descriptions, online corporate content, landing pages, blog posts (ESL and partnerships), social media copy, newsletters, sales emails, flyers and brochures
- Write compelling and accurate copy in English
- Update and optimise existing content from ESL’s product portfolio on a regular basis, in collaboration with Products department
- Work closely with the Online Marketing department to improve the SEO of ESL’s websites and produce content for outreach marketing
- Set objectives for, manage and supervise a small team of in-house and freelance translators. This includes: sending out work to team, setting deadlines, supervising all projects executed by team members, translation budget management and invoice processing, and hiring and training of new in-house and freelance team members
- Develop new procedures to improve the productivity of the Content department
- Coordinate the translation and proofreading of content produced by other departments (HR, Web, IT, Sales…)
- Ensure a consistent and appropriate tone of voice across all channels
- Translate content from Spanish, French or German into English
Your professional skills and background:
- University degree in Languages, Linguistics, Translation, Journalism or similar
- Native English speaker with excellent writing skills
- Fluency in one of the following languages: Spanish, French or German
- Proven experience writing B2C sales or marketing content in English
- SEO knowledge and experience working in online marketing projects
- Experience working with Wordpress or other CMS tools
- Previous experience managing in-house or outsourced staff is highly valued
Your personal skills:
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
- Autonomous, resilient and result-driven
- A team player that shows initiative and confidence
- Ability to channel creativity towards business goals
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to meet deadlines while working with an international team in various locations
- Passionate about languages and travel
What we offer you:
- The opportunity to develop your skills in an international environment
- A first or a new experience in the exciting field of language travel
- A young and dynamic work atmosphere
- Corporate ethics oriented sustainable development
Place of work: Barcelona (Spain)
Start date: ASAP
Type of contract: 12 months fixed term contract (prospect of a permanent position)
Activity rate: full time
If you fit the profile and are tempted by the experience, please send your application in English, along with your CV, a cover letter and a portfolio or examples of previous work.