- Passeig de Gràcia, 08008 Barcelona, Spain
As a leading study abroad agency, ESL has been organising language courses abroad in Switzerland and throughout the world since 1996. Our presence is international, with more than 45 sales offices in Europe and Latin America. Beyond linguistic, cultural and geographical borders, we have helped thousands of students make their goal of learning a language and discovering the world a reality.
For the fifth time since 2010, ESL was voted Star Study Abroad Agency in Europe at the 2016 ST Awards. This prestigious award results from the votes of hundreds of language schools around the world and rewards the quality work and efforts provided by all of the ESL staff
Are you passionate about languages and travel? Are you comfortable dealing with numbers? If you are ready to get involved, a new professional challenge awaits you at ESL!
ESL is seeking a Senior Accountant to join our accounting team. You will be based in Barcelona, and report to the Finance and Consolidation Manager, based in Montreux, Switzerland. You will be responsible for all Spanish accountancy. You will be the coordinator between controlling and accountancy for different projects. You will also evaluate and optimize Accounting and Transactional processes. Additionally, you will work and support on specific Finance Projects (BI Tool implementation, Process harmonization…)
- Manage Spain Accounting and Bookkeeping
- Maintain general ledger and prepare month-end close of ESL’s markets
- Manage month-end and year-end close processes
- Liaise with manager to improve accounting and financial procedures
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Work as a communication link between the Controlling Team in Barcelona and the Accounting Team in Montreux
- Liaise with external fiduciary
- You have a minimum of 2-3 years experience in accountancy
- Thorough knowledge of accounting procedures
- Experience of international accountancy of different countries. Experience with the Swiss GAAP accountancy system is ideal
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Experience with auditing is valued
Your personal skills:
- Proactive, and energetic
- Good communication skills
- Process oriented person with accuracy and attention to details
- Ability to take the lead and drive projects and the rest of the team to success
- Spanish is your native language; you are fluent in English and French (B2 / C1). Any other language is a plus
What we offer you:
- The opportunity to develop your skills in an international environment, in the exciting field of language travel.
- A young and dynamic work atmosphere.
- An environment where corporate ethics and sustainable development matter.
Place of work: Montreux (Switzerland)
Start date: As soon as possible
Type of contract: Permanent contract
Activity rate: Full time
If you fit the profile and are tempted by the experience, please send us your application file in English (résumé) along with a cover letter.