Automotive Service Manager
- Hattiesburg, MS, USA
- Job Type: Store Operations
- Role: Service Management
Express Oil Change & Tire Engineers is one of the leading automotive service providers in the nation with nearly 300 locations across 17 states. We employ experienced, certified technicians trained to provide premium total-car care, and we use state-of-the-art equipment and premium parts to ensure the quality of our work. In addition to the oil change, our teams are capable of providing specialty services, tire services, as well as a variety of mechanical services, while continuing to place an emphasis on customer experience and being your one-stop automotive service provider. Express Oil Change & Tire Engineers continues to grow while maintaining our vision to continuously be the pre-eminent automotive maintenance provider, leading our industry through excellence, innovation, and growth.
The Automotive Service Manager, reporting to the Store Manager, will be responsible for setting the highest standards of excellence and personifying our core values to support operations in the service department of your store. This will involve creating a highly-motivated team environment, and working closely with the Service Team to improve their performance through hands-on presence in the store by efficiently developing and coaching team members, and executing store processes & procedures.
Primary Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Specific duties for this customer service role include, but are not limited to:
- Providing support in the store recruiting process by assisting the Store Manager on final employment decisions
- Supervising technicians and service personnel, planning and scheduling their duties, assigning work, and following up on completion of assignments
- Coaching service department teammates on all operational issues of working the process within the ISI systems and service standards
- Working directly with customers in areas of sales, service, customer opportunities, adjustments, etc.
- Evaluating performance and productivity of all service department personnel
- Managing parts inventory and outside purchases, ensuring it complies with parts and Tire Purchase Program as well as updating and restocking all in-house parts when needed
- Ensuring store safety, including the use of and maintenance of safety equipment
- Ensuring equipment/hardware layout and positioning within the service department
- Supervising shop area, equipment and teammates for compliance with company safety procedure
- Coaching personnel on enforcing wheel torqueing process
- Ensures that proper inspections are being conducted
We are looking for:
- Outstanding leadership and store management skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment
- Highly organized and detail-oriented, with the ability to mentor others in a manner that ensures efficiency
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Ability to develop professional relationships with customers and team members
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a Service Manager role
- Proven track record of exceeding business objectives
- Ability to work efficiently both individually and as part of a team
- Solid knowledge of basic OSHA laws and MSDS Compliance
All of your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Work Opportunity Tax Credits – Express Oil
Express Oil participates in the Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC) program, which ADP administers on behalf of the company. Please follow the steps listed below to screen for the WOTC program. We appreciate your cooperation.
- Open https://tcs.adp.com/mavistac
- Please answer each question to complete the voluntary screening
- Eligible applicants will be asked to Electronically Sign and click Submit to complete the screening
- Ineligible applicants will be asked to click Submit to finish the screening; You will not be asked to electronically sign