Junior Hydronic Technical Sales Representative
With over 115 years of experience, EMCO Corporation is a leading national wholesale distributor of plumbing, HVAC, waterworks, and industrial products to the construction industry. We provide quality and cutting-edge products that help support residential, commercial and infrastructure initiatives across Canada.
At EMCO Corporation, we are committed to providing sustainable solutions to our customers and communities in which we live and serve. Our talented and passionate team members are the key to our success. We empower our team members to act like owners and make a difference within our business through striving for innovation and providing excellence in customer service.
We offer a fun, fast-paced and dynamic workplace. We work as a team, share core values, and support each other’s growth and development. As our teammate, you will have the opportunity to continually develop your skills through ongoing training, have the opportunity to be innovative and try new things, and work alongside passionate colleagues with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We are a team of enthusiastic individuals who are dedicated to meeting and exceeding the needs of the customers we serve.
As a Junior Hydronic Technical Sales Representative, you will be responsible for maintaining and growing the hydronic heating market. Your goal is to provide the highest level of customer service by providing advice, technical product information, recommendations, and installation support. In addition, you will work to identify customer needs as well as promote and sell existing and new hydronic products to meet Profit Centre sales objectives.
Additional duties will include:
- Demonstrate comprehensive knowledge of hydronic products and their applications
- Support customer inquiries with technical guidance on hydronic products and installations
- Generate proposals/quotations for commercial construction projects
- Responsible for management of commercial equipment sales activities
- Provide quotations, hydronic calculations, technical support, and literature to customers to maintain strong relationships and help meet sales targets
- Examine market opportunities and identify new potential customers
- Provide recommendations on new products, services, and market trends to customers and Profit Centre Team
- Participate in trade shows, training, and vendor product meetings to remain up to date on product knowledge, emerging trends, rebates, and product offerings
- Understand and follow all safety regulations at all customer locations as well as at the Profit Centre
- Perform other tasks as requested by the Profit Centre Manager
- Grade 12 diploma or equivalent; College and/or University degree an asset
- Outstanding customer service, communication, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent relationship building skills with customers, vendors, and teammates
- Ability to learn and operate the applicable software system used to process orders
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment with a strong attention to detail
- Possess a strong work ethic and a high standard of integrity
- Ability to work well independently and in a team setting
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with the ability to meet tight deadlines
- Possess a valid Driver’s License
- Previous experience with or knowledge of hydronics or plumbing products sold at the Profit Centre
- Ability to use the Internet as a resource to problem solve and find alternative solutions for customers
- Experience using Trend, Eclipse, Word, Excel, and Outlook
Why Join Our Team?
EMCO Corporation is one of Canada’s largest integrated wholesale distributors of plumbing, HVAC, waterworks, and industrial products for the construction industry. We have endless opportunities for you to grow and develop in your career and a culture that prides itself in supporting you every step of the way!
In addition, we will offer you:
- Great mentors and on-the-job training
- Growth potential with competitive salary, benefits, and profit sharing
- A career with a solid, stable company with strong core values
- Participation in our pension plan with employer contributions
- Work-life balance and flex time
EMCO is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a discrimination, harassment, and barrier free workplace where all employees can contribute to their fullest potential. EMCO is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in our workplaces. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, colour, creed, place of origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, family or parental status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. We welcome applications from all minority group members, women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, members of sexual minority groups, neurodiversity, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.