Customer Service Representative
With over 115 years of experience, EMCO Corporation is a leading national wholesale distributor of plumbing, HVAC, waterworks, and industrial products to the construction industry. We provide quality and cutting-edge products that help support residential, commercial and infrastructure initiatives across Canada.
At EMCO Corporation, we are committed to providing sustainable solutions to our customers and communities in which we live and serve. Our talented and passionate team members are the key to our success. We empower our team members to act like owners and make a difference within our business through striving for innovation and providing excellence in customer service.
We offer a fun, fast-paced and dynamic workplace. We work as a team, share core values, and support each other’s growth and development. As our teammate, you will have the opportunity to continually develop your skills through ongoing training, have the opportunity to be innovative and try new things, and work alongside passionate colleagues with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We are a team of enthusiastic individuals who are dedicated to meeting and exceeding the needs of the customers we serve.
As a Customer Service Representative, you will provide sales support to customers via telephone, email, and walk-ins to our Profit Centres. You will provide the highest level of customer service by answering customer inquiries, generating sales leads, and closing sales to increase profit sharing. Support will also be provided to the Outside Sales function.
Additional duties will include:
- Answer telephone calls, emails and in person questions from customers and identify their needs
- Research product for customers and provide recommendations on our assortment of product
- Enter sales orders generated from Profit Centre customers via fax, phone, emails, and texts
- Grow and retain established customer base and develop new business for the Profit Centre
- Follow up on backorders with vendors and provide customers accurate delivery dates
- Send and follow-up with request for quotes to vendors
- Process returns and warranty claims to customers both on account and cash sales including paperwork in compliance with all procedures
- Support Counter Sales and Outside Sales activities as part of the team
- Resolve issues related to customer orders in accordance with our policies and procedures (SPIs)
- Perform other tasks as requested by the Profit Centre Manager
- Grade 12 diploma or equivalent; College and/or University degree an asset
- A minimum of 1 year of experience with customer service or counter sales
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software to communicate via email, analyze customer data and update customer contact files
- Outstanding customer service and verbal communication skills
- Excellent relationship building skills with customers, vendors, and teammates
- Ability to identify customer needs, provide profitable solutions and close the sale
- Ability to learn and operate the applicable software system used to process orders
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment while handling multiple tasks
- Intermediate math skills
- Able to learn how to operate material handling equipment
- Previous experience with or knowledge of products sold at the Profit Centre
- Experience using Trend, Eclipse, Word, Excel, and Outlook
Why Join Our Team?
EMCO Corporation is one of Canada’s largest integrated wholesale distributors of plumbing, HVAC, waterworks, and industrial products for the construction industry. We have endless opportunities for you to grow and develop in your career and a culture that prides itself in supporting you every step of the way!
In addition, we will offer you:
- Great mentors and on-the-job training
- Growth potential with competitive salary, benefits, and profit sharing
- A career with a solid, stable company with strong core values
- Participation in our pension plan with employer contributions
- Work-life balance and flex time
EMCO is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a discrimination, harassment, and barrier free workplace where all employees can contribute to their fullest potential. EMCO is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in our workplaces. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, colour, creed, place of origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, family or parental status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. We welcome applications from all minority group members, women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, members of sexual minority groups, neurodiversity, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.