Management Development Trainee
- Salary Range: $50,000 - $55,000
Welcome to EMCO Corporation's Management Development Program, where your journey begins with us! As a recent graduate, you'll embark on a dynamic career path within our Plumbing division, a leading national distributor shaping the construction industry for over 115 years.
At EMCO, innovation and excellence are at our core. Join a passionate team committed to sustainable solutions and customer service. As a Management Trainee, your $50,000 base salary plus profit sharing awaits, along with a comprehensive benefits package. Relocate anywhere in Canada and explore opportunities nationwide while learning everything about the business!
As a Management Trainee, you will progress through a 5 phased program to learn every aspect of how our business operates – from shipping and receiving, counter sales, operations management to employee development and more. You will get to know our customers by growing a sales territory of your own and providing world class customer service. You will receive guidance, mentoring, and support from current managers and teammates within a region and across Canada to build a successful management career at EMCO.
Phase 1: Warehouse Logistics (6 months) – Dive into the heart of our operations, understanding product journeys from vendor to customer.
Phase 2: Counter Sales (6-8 months) – Master customer service, order management, and financial controls.
Phase 3: Inside Sales (12-15 months) – Progress to managing projects, reading blueprints, and creating material lists.
Phase 4: Outside Sales/Account Management (15-18 months) – Unleash your potential in finding business opportunities, negotiating contracts, and building lasting relationships.
Phase 5: Supervisor (3 months) – Lead with strategic vision, mentor others, and take charge of your Profit Center.
Once you have completed the phases of training, you will be ready to take on the challenge of being a manager at one of our Canadian Profit Center locations!
Qualifications? If you have a university degree or college diploma, a positive and results-oriented mindset, and a thirst for continuous growth, you're the one we're looking for. Bring your leadership, customer service, and organizational skills to the table, and let's create success together.
- University degree or college diploma – all disciplines of study will be considered
- Positive attitude and results oriented mindset
- Desire to continuously learn and grow
- Excellent leadership, customer service and organizational skills
- Possess a strong work ethic and a high standard of integrity
- Ability to work well independently and in a team setting
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with customers, vendors, and teammates
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software
- Strong interest in sales
- Valid driver’s license
Why Join Our Team?
- Great mentors and on-the-job training
- Growth potential with competitive salary, benefits and profit sharing
- A career with a solid, stable company and strong core values
- Participation in our pension plan with employer contributions
- Work-life balance and flex time
Elevate your career with EMCO Corporation – where innovation meets opportunity!
EMCO is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a discrimination, harassment, and barrier free workplace where all employees can contribute to their fullest potential. EMCO is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in our workplaces. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, colour, creed, place of origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, family or parental status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. We welcome applications from all minority group members, women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, members of sexual minority groups, neurodiversity, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.