- Salary Range: $40,000 - $45,000
With over 115 years of experience, EMCO Corporation is a leading national wholesale distributor of plumbing, HVAC, waterworks, and industrial products to the construction industry. We provide quality and cutting-edge products that help support residential, commercial and infrastructure initiatives across Canada.
At EMCO Corporation, we are committed to providing sustainable solutions to our customers and communities in which we live and serve. Our talented and passionate team members are the key to our success. We empower our team members to act like owners and make a difference within our business through striving for innovation and providing excellence in customer service.
We offer a fun, fast-paced and dynamic workplace. We work as a team, share core values, and support each other’s growth and development. As our teammate, you will have the opportunity to continually develop your skills through ongoing training, have the opportunity to be innovative and try new things, and work alongside passionate colleagues with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We are a team of enthusiastic individuals who are dedicated to meeting and exceeding the needs of the customers we serve.
Starting Salary - $40,000.00
As a Material Handler, you will be responsible for picking, packing, and shipping customer orders as well as counting, verifying, receiving, and putting away incoming vendor material and customer returns. A high attention to detail will ensure exceptional levels of customer service and satisfaction.
Additional duties will include:
- Follow all Health and Safety rules and legislation while performing job functions
- Load and unload trucks, operate forklift and other material handling equipment
- Receiving duties include:
- Upon unloading vendor shipments or customer returns, obtain the packing slip and verify material received. Note any discrepancies or damaged material
- Print and verify the computer receiving documents and enter material received into the computer system
- Identify special order material and damaged material and store in proper location
- Note all shipping discrepancies on freight carrier’s Bill of Lading, initiate freight claims and forward paperwork to appropriate teammate
- Picking, packing, and shipping duties include:
- Pick material for customer orders, counting and comparing items to the shipping documentation
- Assemble material and pack appropriately for pick up or shipment to customer
- Complete documentation for any shipments being delivered via third party carrier or requiring Transportation of Dangerous Goods documentation
- Inform the Supervisor of any inventory discrepancies and damaged/defective material that would impact customer service levels
- Maintain warehouse cleanliness and safety by removing empty cartons, metal banding, pallets, and other debris
- Inform Warehouse Supervisor and/or Profit Centre Manager of any safety issues within the warehouse
- Assist teammates in servicing customers at the counter
- Perform other tasks as requested by the Profit Centre Manager
- Grade 12 diploma or equivalent
- Outstanding verbal communication skills
- Able to develop comprehensive product knowledge
- Ability to learn to safely operate a forklift and any other material handling equipment
- Possess a high level of attention to detail and accurately process orders
- Able to learn and operate the applicable software system used to process orders
- Intermediate math skills
- Experience using Word, Excel, and Outlook
Why Join Our Team?
EMCO Corporation is one of Canada’s largest integrated wholesale distributors of plumbing, HVAC, waterworks, and industrial products for the construction industry. We have endless opportunities for you to grow and develop in your career and a culture that prides itself in supporting you every step of the way!
In addition, we will offer you:
- Great mentors and on-the-job training
- Growth potential with competitive salary, benefits, and profit sharing
- A career with a solid, stable company with strong core values
- Participation in our pension plan with employer contributions
- Work-life balance and flex time
EMCO is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a discrimination, harassment, and barrier free workplace where all employees can contribute to their fullest potential. EMCO is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in our workplaces. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, colour, creed, place of origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, family or parental status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. We welcome applications from all minority group members, women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, members of sexual minority groups, neurodiversity, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.