Luxury Showroom Sales Consultant
EMCO Corporation is Canada's leading distributor of plumbing and HVAC. Our partnership with Kohler Co. showcases Canada's premier Kohler showroom, providing homeowners, designers and trade professionals with product selection, order management and design solutions. Kohler Co. is the leading luxury brand in the Kitchen and Bathroom design space. From kitchen faucets, bathroom faucets, showers, sinks, toilets and more, Kohler offers a variety of styles, designs, and options.
The Kohler Signature Store showroom allows clients to come and experience their new bathroom or kitchen before it is installed. Our sales consultants provide design solutions and quality products to fit any style, taste or budget. We strive to develop strong partnerships with our customers, suppliers, communities, owners and employees.
Reporting to the Showroom Design and Sales Lead and/or Profit Centre Manager of The Kohler Signature Store, the Showroom Design and Sales Consultant provides expert product selection assistance and design advice to our customers. The Showroom Design and Sales Consultant ensures the highest levels of customer satisfaction in order to meet or exceed the sales and gross profit targets while increasing profit-sharing.
To experience success in the position, the Luxury Showroom Sales Consultant will:
• Represent the Profit Centre in a professional manner
• Uphold our core values and ethics with every interaction
• Be an effective teammate in the Profit Centre and support other areas of the business as needs arise
• Build strong customer relationships
• Know the products and services they are selling to each customer
• Be innovative and creative
• Willingness to continuously learn new products and develop selling skills
• Act in a safe manner, following all safety guidelines at the Profit Centre and at all customer locations including job sites
Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist showroom customers in assessing their needs, directing their product selections, and closing the sale
• Develop and build strong relationships with designers, home builders and architects to grow profitable sales
• Provide customers with quick reliable quotes and accurate delivery dates
• Meet or exceed monthly product specific sales and gross profit targets
• Enter orders and quotes in the system, expedite purchases while maintaining proactive communication with customers
• Investigate and resolve customer issues; address short payments and returns in a timely fashion that exceeds the customers’ expectations and benefits of the Profit Centre
• Maintain product literature to ensure most current information is available to customers
• Drive showroom sales through promotions and maintaining display materials
• College and/or University degree required.
• A minimum of 2 years of experience with customer service or sales; luxury retail sales experience preferred.
• Eager to learn with an eye for design and aesthetics
• Ability to gain comprehensive knowledge of products on display at the Showroom, able to suggest appropriate product to suit customers’ needs and promote the value-added services
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software
• Outstanding customer service and verbal communication skills
• Excellent relationship building skills with customers, vendors, and teammates
• Able to identify customer needs, provide solutions and close the sale
• Possess excellent project management skills
• Able to learn and operate the applicable software system used to process orders
• Intermediate math skills
Why Join Our Team?
EMCO Corporation is one of Canada’s largest integrated wholesale distributors of plumbing, HVAC, waterworks, and industrial products for the construction industry. We have endless opportunities for you to grow and develop in your career and a culture that prides itself in supporting you every step of the way!
In addition, we will offer you:
- Great mentors and on-the-job training
- Growth potential with competitive salary, benefits, and profit sharing
- A career with a solid, stable company with strong core values
- Participation in our pension plan with employer contributions
- Work-life balance and flex time
EMCO is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a discrimination, harassment, and barrier free workplace where all employees can contribute to their fullest potential. EMCO is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in our workplaces. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, colour, creed, place of origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, family or parental status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. We welcome applications from all minority group members, women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, members of sexual minority groups, neurodiversity, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.