Water Meter Installer
Wamco was formed in 1989 as a supplier of waterworks products, Sensus water meters and meter reading systems and is a part of Emco Corporation Limited, one of the largest plumbing and waterworks companies in Canada. We offer installation and maintenance services for Sensus water meters.
Wamco is involved in supply, installation, and maintenance of water metering infrastructure around Ontario.
Wamco is currently looking for multiple contract Water Meter Installers to be part of our water meter installation team. The chosen individuals will report to our Project Managers and travel to job sites (residential homes and commercial buildings) within the City of Kawartha Lakes to perform duties.
Chosen individuals will be independent contractors or individuals willing to obtain an HST#
Experience is preferred but Wamco is willing to train the right candidate.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Installing Water Meters (5/8”-1”)
- Changing Water Meters (5/8”-1”)
- Investigate/Service Water Meters
- Running meter wire
- Ability to utilize navigation tools such as Handheld Computers, GPS, and programming equipment.
- Possess customer service skills
- Knowledge of water meters
- Quick problem solving skills
- Minor carpentry knowledge/ ability
- Plumbing knowledge
- Willing to work outdoors in all types of climates including inclement weather.
- Willing to enter customers homes with proper Covid-19 PPE
- Must wear employer uniforms while on duty.
- Must be willing to enter confined spaces (after trained)
- Some work involves working at heights of 20+ feet
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must have your own vehicle (reliable and insured)
- Water Meter Installer license preferred but willing to try to right applicant
- Soldering and plumbing experience preferred
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent customer communication skills
- Competitive compensation, paid per job performed (no ceiling) plus car allowance.
All applicants for this position are required to be fully vaccinated as you will be working in the field and interacting with clients in their homes. All employees will be required to wear PPE as required, sanitize regularly, maintain social distancing and follow all government guidelines.
EMCO is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a discrimination, harassment, and barrier free workplace where all employees can contribute to their fullest potential. EMCO is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in our workplaces. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, colour, creed, place of origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, family or parental status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. We welcome applications from all minority group members, women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, members of sexual minority groups, neurodiversity, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.