Operations and Administration Trainee
With over 115 years of experience, EMCO Corporation is a leading national wholesale distributor of plumbing, HVAC, waterworks, and industrial products to the construction industry. We provide quality and cutting-edge products that help support residential, commercial and infrastructure initiatives across Canada.
At EMCO Corporation, we are committed to providing sustainable solutions to our customers and communities in which we live and serve. Our talented and passionate team members are the key to our success. We empower our team members to act like owners and make a difference within our business through striving for innovation and providing excellence in customer service.
We offer a fun, fast-paced and dynamic workplace. We work as a team, share core values, and support each other’s growth and development. As our teammate, you will have the opportunity to continually develop your skills through ongoing training, have the opportunity to be innovative and try new things, and work alongside passionate colleagues with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We are a team of enthusiastic individuals who are dedicated to meeting and exceeding the needs of the customers we serve.
As an Administration and Operations Trainee at EMCO HVAC Kamloops, you will handle all aspects of paperwork including shipping feedback, cash sale transactions, banking and report reconciliation and vendor payables issues. You will also work with our customers to facilitate orders, work in the warehouse as required, and optimize operations of the business to drive profitability.
Additional duties will include:
- Provide accurate and timely invoicing of customer shipments daily
- Assist in servicing customers including answering phones
- Filing of packing slips, pickers, and reconciled reports
- Reconcile daily cash transactions payments, prepare the bank deposit, and submit deposit paperwork for the National Support Centre
- Obtain, review, verify and enter purchase and expense vendor invoices, debit memos and debit cancellations in the system for processing in an accurate and timely manner
- Investigate, resolve, and respond to all customer, vendor, credit, and National Support Centre inquiries in a timely fashion that exceeds the customers’ expectations and benefits of the Profit Centre
- Enter customer credit notes and vendor debits in the system
- Update information into PeopleSoft
- Understand and follow all safety regulations at all customer locations as well as at the Profit Centre
- Support all Profit Centre activities as part of the Profit Centre Team
- Perform other tasks as requested by the Profit Centre Manager
- Grade 12 diploma or equivalent; College and/or University degree an asset
- A minimum of 1 year of experience with customer service, accounts payable, accounts receivable, or similar role
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software
- Outstanding customer service and verbal communication skills
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent relationship-building skills with customers, vendors, and teammates
- Ability to prioritize work projects and multitask
- Able to learn and operate the applicable software system used to process orders
- Intermediate math skills
- Previous experience with or knowledge of the wholesale environment
- A drive to make everything you touch more efficient
Why Join Our Team?
EMCO Corporation is one of Canada’s largest integrated wholesale distributors of plumbing, HVAC, waterworks, and industrial products for the construction industry. We have endless opportunities for you to grow and develop in your career and a culture that prides itself in supporting you every step of the way!
In addition, we will offer you:
- Great mentors and on-the-job training
- Growth potential with competitive salary, benefits, and profit sharing
- A career with a solid, stable company with strong core values
- Participation in our pension plan with employer contributions
- Work-life balance and flex time
EMCO is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a discrimination, harassment, and barrier free workplace where all employees can contribute to their fullest potential. EMCO is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in our workplaces. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, colour, creed, place of origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, family or parental status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. We welcome applications from all minority group members, women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, members of sexual minority groups, neurodiversity, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.