Strategic Development Program Trainee
With over 115 years of experience, EMCO Corporation is a leading national wholesale distributor of plumbing, HVAC, waterworks, and industrial products to the construction industry. We provide quality and cutting-edge products that help support residential, commercial and infrastructure initiatives across Canada.
At EMCO Corporation, we are committed to providing sustainable solutions to our customers and communities in which we live and serve. Our talented and passionate team members are the key to our success. We empower our team members to act like owners and make a difference within our business through striving for innovation and providing excellence in customer service.
We offer a fun, fast-paced and dynamic workplace. We work as a team, share core values, and support each other’s growth and development. As our teammate, you will have the opportunity to continually develop your skills through ongoing training, have the opportunity to be innovative and try new things, and work alongside passionate colleagues with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We are a team of enthusiastic individuals who are dedicated to meeting and exceeding the needs of the customers we serve.
We are a young team with our core values focused on impeccable customer service, generating profitable venture opportunities and offering the ability to work autonomously. Our team is searching for a high caliber individual looking to gain experience and develop new skills to grow their career.
The new teammate is expected to learn product knowledge and needs to be competent in multiple facets of our business including counter service, shipping/receiving and product replenishment to help accelerate the growth of the business. Managing key customer accounts, creative problem-solving for ambiguous situations and exceeding expectations will be key to success in this role.
Once the day to day flow of the business is mastered, the key focus will be to morph and stretch your abilities into critical components of the business (Purchasing, Pricing, Accounts Payable & Receivable, Operations Management, Inside Account Management, Outside Account Management) that align with your own developmental and career goals. all of which will be tracked by key performance indicators (KPI’s).
The Strategic Development Program is a full-time salaried position, Monday to Friday with a competitive benefits package, and profit sharing.
Responsibilities and Duties:
· Heavy counter service interacting directly with the customer, phone orders, quotations in a fast-paced plumbing wholesale environment
· Shipping/receiving of product
· In store product replenishment
· Own one’s development of product knowledge
· Ability to cultivate a pro-active culture to support teammates and customers
· Willingness to learn and drive key financial levers in our business to yield positive return on investment. Learn the profit and loss statement and how actions affect it.
· Able to work well with others and independently
- College and/or University degree
- Positive attitude and results oriented mindset
- Desire to continuously learn and grow
- Excellent customer service and organizational skills
- Possess a strong work ethic and a high standard of integrity
- Ability to work well independently and in a team setting
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with customers, vendors, and teammates
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software
Why Join Our Team?
EMCO Corporation is one of Canada’s largest integrated wholesale distributors of plumbing, HVAC, waterworks, and industrial products for the construction industry. We have endless opportunities for you to grow and develop in your career and a culture that prides itself in supporting you every step of the way!
In addition, we will offer you:
- Great mentors and on-the-job training
- Growth potential with competitive salary, benefits, and profit sharing
- A career with a solid, stable company with strong core values
- Participation in our pension plan with employer contributions
- Work-life balance and flex time
EMCO is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a discrimination, harassment, and barrier free workplace where all employees can contribute to their fullest potential. EMCO is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in our workplaces. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, colour, creed, place of origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, family or parental status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. We welcome applications from all minority group members, women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, members of sexual minority groups, neurodiversity, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.