Finance & Accounting Assistant
- 200 Riverfront Blvd, Elmwood Park, NJ 07407, USA
ELLKAY is a nationwide leader in healthcare connectivity, providing innovative, customizable solutions and unparalleled services for over a decade. We empower diagnostic laboratories, PM/EMR vendors, ACO and HIE companies, hospitals, and other healthcare organizations with cutting-edge technologies and solutions that improve their bottom lines.
Our 'Client-first' focus has made ELLKAY one of the most respected healthcare IT companies in the nation. We value our clients and believe that strong relationships are the foundation for a strong company, and we're dedicated to providing connectivity to the healthcare industry.
Company Culture: We deal with medical data and we take our work very seriously, but not ourselves. If you’re a smart, hard-working, dedicated individual who thrives in a laidback, friendly work environment, ELLKAY may be the place for you. We’re committed to attracting good people who are passionate about the work they do.
ELLKAY was founded over a decade ago on the values of innovation, efficiency, and service created in a collaborative work culture. As we have grown, we are proud to still possess the same energy and passion for what we do. We strive to provide exceptional customer experiences to our clients, which begins with first employing amazing people. ELLKAY is proud to maintain a high-quality, innovative, and diverse workforce.
The Finance & Accounting Assistant processes and reconciles a wide variety of accounting documents such as invoices, billings, vendor statements, and journal entries; review and send job quotes; prepare and process documents to disburse funds, make deposits and prepare reports; compile and review information for accuracy; and maintain records.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accounts Payable and/or Accounts Receivable as well as general bookkeeping.
- Processes payments and documents such as invoices, job quotes, and billing statements.
- Communicates with clients on all billing and finance related topics.
- Enters, updates, and/or retrieves accounting data from in-house job tracking system and QuickBooks.
- Posts financial data to appropriate accounts within accounting system.
- Verifies items billed against items ordered and received and reconciles differences through follow-up with the vendor and/or other employees.
- Reviews online transactions for changes and accuracy and corrects errors.
- Designs, prepares, and maintains system reports.
- Assembles data to prepare monthly reports for review.
- Performs other related work as assigned.
- Knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping terminology and practices.
- Ability to reconcile and/or balance financial transactions and accounts.
- Knowledge of local, state, and federal tax terminology (desired).
- Excellent ability to communicate with people at all levels of an organization, both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated organizational and planning abilities with skill in ability to manage multiple projects with competing demands.
- Extraordinary attention to detail and high level of accuracy in record-keeping and follow-up.
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy.
- Demonstrated knowledge of automated accounting systems, spreadsheets, and database software.
- Two years of administrative support experience, including one year in Finance, Billing, or Accounting department.
- Associate’s degree from an accredited college or university in Accounting (preferred).
- Experience working with QuickBooks and/or comparable accounting system required.
- Knowledge of healthcare industry(preferred).
- Familiarity with IT industry a plus.
This is an onsite position at our Elmwood Park HQ. Remote work is not available.
For more information on our company, visit www.ELLKAY.com.
Interested applicants should submit a letter of interest with salary requirements and resume.
ELLKAY LLC is a Smoke-Free Workplace.
ELLKAY is an Equal Opportunity Employer.