Senior Infrastructure Lead
- 200 Riverfront Blvd, Elmwood Park, NJ 07407, USA
ELLKAY is a nationwide leader in healthcare connectivity, providing innovative, customizable solutions and unparalleled services for over a decade. We empower diagnostic laboratories, PM/EMR vendors, ACO and HIE companies, hospitals, and other healthcare organizations with cutting-edge technologies and solutions that improve their bottom lines.
Our 'Client-first' focus has made ELLKAY one of the most respected healthcare IT companies in the nation. We value our clients and believe that strong relationships are the foundation for a strong company, and we're dedicated to providing connectivity to the healthcare industry.
Company Culture: We deal with medical data and we take our work very seriously, but not ourselves. If you’re a smart, hard-working, dedicated individual who thrives in a laidback, friendly work environment, ELLKAY may be the place for you. We’re committed to attracting good people who are passionate about the work they do.
ELLKAY was founded over a decade ago on the values of innovation, efficiency, and service created in a collaborative work culture. As we have grown, we are proud to still possess the same energy and passion for what we do. We strive to provide exceptional customer experiences to our clients, which begins with first employing amazing people. ELLKAY is proud to maintain a high-quality, innovative, and diverse workforce.
The Senior Infrastructure Lead provides hands on leadership for the team responsible for all IT and data security operations for ELLKAY. This position will own responsibility for Datacenters; LAN/WAN Network Operations; Security Tools & SOC; Servers, and End-user Systems Infrastructure; Voice Telephony; Hardware/Software/Telecom/Hosting Vendor Management; Software Licensing Compliance; Desktop Support / Internal Helpdesk. The person in this position will partner with management to define & implement standards based support, design, workflow, implementation and documentation for all activities of the team. This is a diverse role that requires a leader who can be hands on and versatile within a fast moving organization.
The person in this role will develop strong working relationship with key business and technology decision makers and will be committed to continually improve user satisfaction, network speed, reliability and streamlining the technologies, processes, and tools used by the enterprise.
This role will partner with the company’s Privacy Officer, legal team, and other compliance peers to ensure ELLKAY is a leader in safeguarding protected health information.
The incumbent will ensure that direct reports constantly evolve professionally, maintain a strong understanding of all key practices, standards, policies and regulatory requirements and acts in accordance with them.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Management of on premise data center as well as hosted & cloud environments
- Configuration and deployment of new servers, end user equipment, and networking
- Rebuild existing / install new servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards, security and project/operational requirement
- Manage corporate and external collaboration apps and services including email, telephony, video conferencing, chat etc...
- Leading team in responding to end-user support requests in a timely manner
- Coordinate troubleshooting efforts on production systems, partnering with vendors
- Lead 24x7x365 monitoring, troubleshooting, and recovery on production infrastructure
- Maintenance, patching, and upgrades to equipment, operating systems, firewalls, anti-virus and other general system utilities and productivity applications necessary
- Purchasing of assets, tracking of expenditures, and ensure all licensing is sufficient
- Manage the team and workload using a “one team” culture supporting the user-base
- Ensure efficiency in technical operations
- Provide coaching and skills development to team members
- Contribute to operational architecture and strategy decisions
- Ensure implementation of the best practices in cybersecurity
- Design, rollout and schedule test of disaster recovery solutions
- Ensure consistency and professional best practices in buildout & support
- Development and Maintenance of system documentation including network diagrams, inventory records, and operating procedures
- Monitoring backup systems to assure that all systems and data are appropriately protected, and that disaster recovery data and procedures will be available when needed
- Make significant hands-on contributions to all aspects of the groups’ responsibilities
- Monitors the incident resolution and service level KPIs
- Manages third party vendors and helps negotiating Infrastructure services
- Manages IT assets accordingly making sure that proper end of life processes are in place
- In depth knowledge of on-prem/cloud/remote-user mixed architecture environments, including least complexity configurations, uptime/performance monitoring, security, redundancy, and high availability for voice/data/servers
- Proven understanding of information security risk assessment and risk management procedures and methodologies
- Strong knowledge of information security principles, standards, practices and technologies
- Demonstrable skill at breaking complex technical initiatives down into small and manageable tasks and creative, pragmatic, and thorough problem-solving skills
- Proven demonstration of building consensus among business and IT team members at all levels within the organization
- Ability to perform multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with significant strength and experience in managing complex environments and integrated systems
- Experienced with 24x7 data center operations
- Ability to respond properly to off-hours emergencies
- Demonstrated project management skills combined with being a self-starter to manage, prioritize and delegate projects and tasks
- Ability to work independently and with little guidance while keeping focused
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills to communicate and work with all levels of personnel
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent experience in Information Technology
- 7+ years of progressive experience in Information Technology experience
- 3+ years experience in managing complex networks
- 2+ years experience overseeing formal planning, tracking, and reporting on project and staff performance
- 2+ years of experience with designing, building, and operating solutions using virtualization using private / public cloud technologies
- One of the following certifications a plus: CISSP, CISM, CCSP, CISA, GSEC
- Experience with Cisco, Dell, Meraki, and VMWare platforms desired
- Experience with Microsoft Active Directory, GPOs, and Hosted Exchange desired
- Experience with Rackspace, Amazon AWS, and/or Microsoft Azure a plus
- Prior experience in healthcare industry a plus
This is an onsite position at our Elmwood Park HQ. Remote work is not available.
For more information on our company, visit www.ELLKAY.com.
Interested applicants should submit a letter of interest with salary requirements and resume.
ELLKAY LLC is a Smoke-Free Workplace.
ELLKAY is an Equal Opportunity Employer.