Technical Account Manager - Remote in USA
- Main street, USA, Madison, WI, United States
Founded in 1996, EAC Product Development Solutions (EAC) is a complete source for your product development needs. We provide the full suite of PTC product development software, and offer consulting, training, hardware, implementation and engineering services to support every phase of the product development process. From art to part and everything in between, EAC is ready to offer our brightest ideas to ensure you enjoy the best solutions in the industry.
The Technical Account Manager (TAM) is essential to both the EAC sales and customer education processes. The TAM’s primary goal is to proactively educate and empower others in every engagement. They will prepare for and deliver software demonstrations, instructor-led training and mentoring. The goal is to improve the customers’ knowledge and understanding of software and improve their overall job performance. All client education functions are delivered in a client-centric environment designed to apply and instill a logical and comprehensive approach to greater understanding and knowledge of the tools. This will lead customers to realizing the potential benefits the software, platforms and processes offers, ultimately resulting in increased sales of software, services and training. TAMs share a commitment to technical excellence and proficiency and continually set the standard for professionalism and support of EAC in all they do.
Essential job functions
· Coordinate, prepare for and deliver product demonstrations, training and mentoring including but not limited to obtaining materials, managing logistics for delivery in various geographic locations.
· Meet or exceed prescribed quality and effectiveness standards.
· Effectively manage the training environment, while also providing coaching where needed to ensure maximum effectiveness of the education process.
· Attain technical certifications by the second attempt and by the end of allotted prep time as scheduled and/or outlined in professional development plans.
· Promote EAC Product Development Solutions’ services as appropriate in all interaction with clients.
· Assist in the development of future demonstration and training schedules
· Act as a peer reviewer for demonstrations, demonstrations under development, instructor-led training (ILT) deliveries and ILT courses under development, as well as peer mentor for team members learning new material
· Participate in and suggest revenue-generating initiatives for the PDA, Technical Sales team and EAC while promoting EAC services and PTC products
· Respond to client requests in a professional manner using established methods and escalation processes while effectively utilizing company resources.
· Communicate daily with the Educational Services Manager or designated senior team member as appropriate.
· Additional projects or duties as assigned
Education and experience
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered.
· Minimum of 2 years of hands-on industry-related, technical consulting or technical training experience with external client projects
· 2 year technical degree (4 year technical degree preferred)
· Prior experience in sales demonstrations, adult technical education or manufacturer/distributor level in a technical environment and/or delivering technical information for purposes of demonstration and education
· Microsoft Certified Trainer, CTT+ a plus
· Prior experience with a professional consulting services organization is a plus
· Experience with PTC products Creo and Windchill (preferred)
· Experience with IoT
· Ansys also a plus
Knowledge, skills and abilities
Knowledge, skills and abilities which may be representative, but not all-inclusive of those commonly associated with the position.
- Detail-oriented individual with the ability to rapidly learn and take advantage of new concepts, business models and technologies
- Excellent oral communication and facilitation skills
- Excellent organization and planning skills
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Ability to work effectively with team members toward customer satisfaction and success
- Customer-focused attitude; committed to customer success
- Willingness to travel
- Ability to manage deadlines
The EAC work Environment is reflective of our Five Tenets. Our employee base is chosen and developed in accordance with our Core Values.
- Be the best
- Do it right
- Work smart
- Be profitable
- Have fun
EAC Core Values:
- Driven to win
- Accountability to team/Responsibility for action
- Customer Centric
- Continuous Improvement
- Medical and dental insurance
- Voluntary vision insurance
- Flexible Savings Account
- Dependent Care Savings Account
- 401(k) Traditional and Roth
- Basic Life and AD&D and Disability Insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Paid Holidays
- This is a remote position in the United States of America