- 100 Route Old Nairn, Nairn Centre, Ontario, Canada
At EACOM, we transform more than wood. Our talented team of 1,100+ employees is committed to working, building, and growing together. Embedded in northern Ontario and Quebec communities, our mills have a long, rich history. We responsibly manage and transform forest resources into high-quality wood products. From the Canadian woodlands to the North American home building market, we strive for sustainability, collaboration, safety, and continuous improvement.
EACOM Timber is seeking a Management Forester and the location may be based out of our office at Timmins or Nairn Centre.
The incumbent will report to the Chief Forester for Ontario and will assist in the delivery of the forest management program for the Pineland and Spanish Sustainable Forest Licenses.
You will be part of a team accountable for development of Forest Management Plan, Annual Work Schedules, and Annual Reports consistent with Ontario’s Forest Management Planning Manual and requirements.
- Facilitate and develop the Forest Management Plans, Annual Work Schedules, and Annual Reports for the Sustainable Forest Licences.
- Prepare and apply for Forest Management Plan Amendments, Annual Work Schedule Revisions and Overlapping Forest Resource Licenses.
- Coordinate and prepare Company records and documents for internal and independent audit purposes.
- Act as a liaison person with the Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry District counterparts, Indigenous communities, tourist operators and other stakeholders in the development and maintenance of forest management plans.
- Work closely with the Northeastern Ontario operations teams to ensure that forest management plans meet corporate and operational needs.
- Administer the provincial road funding program for the Sustainable Forest Licenses.
- Have the ability to work independently with minimal supervision and in a team environment.
- Possess excellent communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Must be result driven and have the ability to bring forward solutions to overcome challenges.
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn, a positive attitude and able to produce positive results with clients, contractors and government authorities.
- Have leadership skills and be motivated to produce high-quality deliverable products.
- Be flexible and adaptable to a variety of work environments and schedules.
- Have a recognized University Degree in Forestry, environmental management, or other equivalent areas of study.
- Hold a Registered Professional Forester designation, or be eligible to apply for RPF status within one year).
- Have a minimum of 3 years experience in forest management planning.
- Possess excellent spoken & written English skills, functional French would be an asset.
- Have solid functional skills with GIS and be experienced in the use of Microsoft Office, ArcMap (or equivalent) and Forest Management Modelling Tools (SFMM, MIST).
- Have valid drivers license and willingness to travel regularly.
If you are invited to continue the selection process, please notify us of any particular adaptive measures you might require. Any information you send us will be handled respectfully and in complete confidence.
EACOM is an employer that respects equal opportunities in employment.
The masculine gender is only for abbreviation.