- 479 Vimy Ave, Timmins, ON P4N, Canada
At EACOM, we transform more than wood. Our talented team of 1,100+ employees is committed to working, building, and growing together. Embedded in northern Ontario and Quebec communities, our mills have a long, rich history. We responsibly manage and transform forest resources into high-quality wood products. From the Canadian woodlands to the North American home building market, we strive for sustainability, collaboration, safety, and continuous improvement.
We are looking for a Woodlands Manager for our Timmins Ontario operation.
Reporting to the General Manager, Forestry - Ontario, the selected candidate will plan, organize, direct and control the activities of the woodlands team, oversee its effectiveness, and meet objectives while ensuring that prevailing safety and quality standards are upheld.
You will negotiate contracts related to forest planning, road construction, harvesting operations and silviculture activities. You will also establish and maintain contact with all stakeholders.
- Plan, organize, direct and control forest operations to supply our Timmins and Gogama mills.
- Negotiate contracts with contractors and ensure these contracts are followed and complied with.
- Establish and maintain respectful relations with First Nations.
- Prepare and track budgets.
- Manage and provide the mentoring to the staff under your supervision.
- Ensure compliance with occupational health and safety standards.
- Ensure compliance with prevailing legislation and regulations.
- Perform all other necessary tasks related to your position.
- Be self-directed and demonstrate organization and planning skills.
- Show proactivity and innovation.
- Show professionalism, good judgement, and discipline.
- Grasp business issues and establish professional relationships, based on respect.
- Effective negotiation skills.
- Education in forestry combined with 10 to 15 years of relevant forestry experience
- Have experience managing operations teams, projects, and operating budgets.
- Experience and significant achievements involving different stakeholders, including First Nations.
- Advanced knowledge of computer tools, including the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Bilingualism is an asset.
- Be available to travel occasionally as required.
If you are invited to continue the selection process, please notify us of any particular adaptive measures you might require. Any information you send us will be handled respectfully and in complete confidence.
EACOM is an employer that respects equal opportunities in employment.
The masculine gender is only for abbreviation.