- 2000 Boulevard Industriel, Matagami, QC J0Y, Canada
At EACOM, we transform more than wood. Our talented team of 1,100+ employees is committed to working, building, and growing together. Embedded in northern Ontario and Quebec communities, our mills have a long, rich history. We responsibly manage and transform forest resources into high-quality wood products. From the Canadian woodlands to the North American home building market, we strive for sustainability, collaboration, safety, and continuous improvement.
We are looking for a GENERAL SUPERINTENDENT for our sawmill in MATAGAMI, Quebec.
Reporting to the general manager of our Matagami Sawmill, you will provide inspiring leadership to a dedicated team, for all aspects of production and maintenance performance while upholding safety and meeting budgets.
You will help the plant succeed by assisting the plant manager in implementing operational decisions that impact all areas of operations and maintenance and by working with internal departments to produce optimal results and maximize the value of delivered products.
- You will be responsible for meeting various targets in your sector, particularly in terms of production, maintenance, quality, etc., by ensuring the safety of staff on site and in work areas in compliance with all government regulations and company policies.
- Ensure stability, process efficiency and team productivity by strengthening accountability of all stakeholders.
- Clarify the expectations and priorities for your team and provide coaching and guidance to the supervisors and teams under your responsibility.
- Identify and promote employee development and training and the implementation of tools for better operational results.
- Guide teams in the completion of work and coordinate interdepartmental activities to minimize downtime.
- Oversee the maintenance and development of continuous improvement programs and maintenance systems to maximize performance and achieve performance targets.
- Make recommendations about modifications to existing equipment or processes and/or the acquisition or disposal of physical assets.
- Help implement capital and optimization projects with stakeholders.
- Help develop the annual operating plans and budgets.
- Manage approved budgets to achieve set performance indicators for the sawmill.
- Generate production analysis reports to recognize opportunities for improvement, identify problems, maximize profitability, and make recommendations.
- Prepare daily, weekly, and monthly reports about current activities and key performance indicators.
- Stay up to date in your field of expertise and share best practices.
- Demonstrate commitment and inspiring leadership.
- Listening, coaching and conflict management skills.
- Ability to influence and lead a team to meet goals.
- Strong planning, organizational, time management, priority management and delegation skills.
- Ability to impart a sense of urgency.
- Strong work ethic, sound judgment and.
- Analytical approach in decision-making and problem-solving.
- Rigor, Integrity and Professional ethics.
- Post-college diploma in engineering, wood products or forestry, or the equivalent.
- 8 to 10 years of experience in a management position in a unionized environment; experience in the wood industry is an asset.
- Knowledge of the reality and impact of collective agreements and provincial legislation such as An Act Respecting Occupational Health and Safety and the Environmental Protection Act.
- Experience and accomplishments in health and safety, operations analysis, and continuous improvement.
- Mastery of oral and written French; bilingualism is an important asset.
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office, Excel, and operating systems).
- Have a valid driver's license.
If you are invited to continue the selection process, please notify us of any particular adaptive measures you might require. Any information you send us will be handled respectfully and in complete confidence.
EACOM is an employer that respects equal opportunities in employment.
The masculine gender is only for abbreviation.