- 100 Route Old Nairn, Nairn Centre, Ontario, Canada
At EACOM, we transform more than wood. Our talented team of 1,100+ employees is committed to working, building, and growing together. Embedded in northern Ontario and Quebec communities, our mills have a long, rich history. We responsibly manage and transform forest resources into high-quality wood products. From the Canadian woodlands to the North American home building market, we strive for sustainability, collaboration, safety, and continuous improvement.
We are presently looking for Industrial Electrician for our Nairn Centre Sawmill in Ontario.
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, you will perform all maintenance and repair of equipment.
- Perform daily checks (continuity, current, voltage and resistance) and diagnostics on equipment.
- Repair, install and test the equipment. (Transformers, regulators, motors, generators, electrical control system)
- Design control panels and install circuit power distribution.
- Interpret the requirements of the electrical code and ensure compliance.
- Responding to emergencies during breakdown.
- PLC programming (A.P.I.)
- Other related tasks
- Efficient and organized.
- Demonstrate collaborative spirit and initiative.
- Analytical, conscientious and flexible.
- Results-oriented, in compliance with safety standards.
- Have a College degree in Instrumentation/control or a degree of professional studies recognized for certified Electrician.
- At least two years of experience in an industrial environment, preferably in a timber complex.
- Be licensed as an industrial electrician; qualified certification.
- Knowledge of PLCs would be an asset.
- Sawmill and/or planer experience will be considered an asset.
- Familiarity with Occupational Health and Safety legislation.
- Must be fluent in both written and spoken English.
- Be available to work on shifts days, afternoons, or nights (including weekends).
If you are invited to continue the selection process, please notify us of any particular adaptive measures you might require. Any information you send us will be handled respectfully and in complete confidence.
EACOM is an employer that respects equal opportunities in employment.
The masculine gender is only for abbreviation.