- 479 Vimy Ave, Timmins, ON P4N, Canada
At EACOM, we transform more than wood. Our talented team of 1,100+ employees is committed to working, building, and growing together. Embedded in northern Ontario and Quebec communities, our mills have a long, rich history. We responsibly manage and transform forest resources into high-quality wood products. From the Canadian woodlands to the North American home building market, we strive for sustainability, collaboration, safety, and continuous improvement.
We are looking to hire a MILL MANAGER for our TIMMINS Sawmill.
You will oversee mill operations to improve safety, competitiveness, profitability, and customer satisfaction.
As someone who values human capital, you will mobilize the team and develop their talent to elevate the mill’s performance to new heights.
- Manage a group of approximately 120 people. Plan, organize, direct, coordinate and control mill activities that will provide a culture of continuous improvement and support production initiatives.
- Prepare and submit operating budgets and capital expenses. Manage approved budgets in order to attain determined performance indicators.
- Develop and maintain a work climate that favours the engagement and commitment of employees and external partners.
- Assure staff development and training by optimal use of their skills.
- Play a key role in organizational changes, planning, hiring and onboarding new staff.
- Determine the number and type of continuous improvement activities required to attain and exceed performance objectives.
- Optimize the saw line/planer and adapt other production components in order to maximize productivity or remedy operating difficulties.
- Coordinate the service and manufacturing equipment suppliers in order to optimize maintenance and maximize operational efficiency.
- Deal with regulating authorities and ensure the Company is compliant.
- Mobilizing and coaching leadership, ability to provide supportive feedback and to deal with conflicts.
- Ability to influence and lead a team to reach determined objectives.
- Strong planning, organizing, prioritizing, time management and delegation skills.
- Strong work ethic, good judgment and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated skills in operation analysis, continuous improvement and problem-solving.
- Capacity to instill a sense of urgency.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Post-secondary education degree in wood tech, engineering, or business preferred or equivalent.
- 7 to 10 years in the sawmill industry within various positions.
- Experience working in a sawmill business with financial and labour relations responsibilities.
- Demonstrated track record of success to raise operational performance.
- Relevant experience in continuous improvement principles and tools.
- Knowledge and ability in utilizing computerized systems.
If you are invited to continue the selection process, please notify us of any particular adaptive measures you might require. Any information you send us will be handled respectfully and in complete confidence.
EACOM is an employer that respects equal opportunities in employment.
The masculine gender is only for abbreviation.