GENERAL MANAGER, NORTHSHORE FOREST
- 100 Route Old Nairn, Nairn Centre, Ontario, Canada
At EACOM, we transform more than wood. Our talented team of 1,100+ employees is committed to working, building, and growing together. Embedded in northern Ontario and Quebec communities, our mills have a long, rich history. We responsibly manage and transform forest resources into high-quality wood products. From the Canadian woodlands to the North American home building market, we strive for sustainability, collaboration, safety, and continuous improvement.
We are currently looking to hire a General Manager, Northshore Forest to direct the business affairs of Northshore Forest Inc. and provide leadership in the forest management program, working out of our Nairn Centre office.
Reporting to the General Manager, Forestry - Ontario, the incumbent provides forest management services on the Northshore Forest as Agent for Northshore Forest Inc.
- Provide forest management services to Northshore Forest Inc. on behalf of Eacom acting as the management contractor.
- Provide overall guidance and direction to the forest management program.
- Manage the preparation of forest management plans, annual work schedules and annual reports.
- Responsible for the preparation and control of annual budgets and ensure that suitable record keeping systems are in place to meet accounting and silviculture financial audits.
- Negotiate forest management contracts for silviculture and monitoring.
- Interact with over twenty overlapping Licensees to assist them in completing their harvesting activities, and in accordance with legislation, rules and regulations.
- Liaise between Eacom Timber Corporation (as the management contractor) and shareholders, licensees, contractors, the MNRF, Aboriginal communities, and other stakeholders of the industry.
- Ensure all operations are consistent with FSC certification standards for the Northshore Forest.
- Manage and provide the mentoring to the staff under your supervision.
- Ensure compliance with occupational health and safety standards.
- Ensure compliance with prevailing legislation and regulations.
- Perform all other necessary tasks related to your position.
- Be self-directed and demonstrate organization and planning skills.
- Show proactivity and innovation.
- Grasp business issues and establish professional relationships, based on respect.
- Effective negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Professional, integrity, judgment and discipline.
- Have a recognized University Degree or College Diploma in forestry or it’s equivalent.
- Possess 10+ years of related forestry experience (forest management experience in the Great Lakes-St. Lawrence Region would be considered an asset).
- Possess a minimum of 5 years of supervisory experience.
- Be experienced in the use of Microsoft Office.
- Have a reliable vehicle and valid Ontario “G” Class Drivers License.
- Be available to travel on a regular basis, as needed.
If you are invited to continue the selection process, please notify us of any particular adaptive measures you might require. Any information you send us will be handled respectfully and in complete confidence.
EACOM is an employer that respects equal opportunities in employment.
The masculine gender is only for abbreviation.