- 479 Vimy Ave, Timmins, ON P4N, Canada
At EACOM, we transform more than wood. Our talented team of 1,100+ employees is committed to working, building, and growing together. Embedded in northern Ontario and Quebec communities, our mills have a long, rich history. We responsibly manage and transform forest resources into high-quality wood products. From the Canadian woodlands to the North American home building market, we strive for sustainability, collaboration, safety, and continuous improvement.
We are looking for an Operations Forester to join our EACOM woodlands team in Timmins.
Reporting to the Woodlands Manager, you will collaborate with your team on operational plans and implementation for long and short-term harvesting, delivery and road construction. You will play an integral role in linking sustainable forestry plans to effective operations. This is a growth position where your opinions will be valued, and you can build your skills.
- Lead the operational planning of harvest and road construction activities.
- Monitor planned vs. actual volume achievement and adjust plans accordingly.
- Assist the Woodlands Manager in developing and implementing annual operating budgets.
- Coordinate with the assistance of the team the implementation of health, safety and environmental programs (Safe Workplace Ontario / Sustainable Forestry Initiative / ISO 140001 / Forest Stewardship Council).
- Other duties as assigned to support the implementation and monitoring of forest management activities.
- Have the ability to work independently with minimal supervision and in a team environment.
- Possess excellent communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Must be result driven and have the ability to bring forward solutions and alternatives.
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn, a positive attitude and able to get positive results with clients, contractors and government authorities.
- Have leadership skills and be motivated to produce high-quality deliverable products.
- Recognized University Degree in Forestry / Natural Environment Management.
- Have relevant experience in forest operations, Forest Management Planning and implementation.
- Possess, or be eligible to obtain Ontario Registered Professional Forester (RPF) designation.
- Be experienced in the use of Microsoft Office, ArcMap GIS, GPS technology.
- Have the ability to communicate in both French and English.
- Adaptable to work outdoors in a variety of weather, work environments and schedules.
- Ontario Driver’s License in good standing.
If you are invited to continue the selection process, please notify us of any particular adaptive measures you might require. Any information you send us will be handled respectfully and in complete confidence.
EACOM is an employer that respects equal opportunities in employment.
The masculine gender is only for abbreviation.