- 100 Old Nairn Rd, Nairn and Hyman, ON P0M, Canada
At EACOM, we transform more than wood. Our talented team of 1,100+ employees is committed to working, building, and growing together. Embedded in northern Ontario and Quebec communities, our mills have a long, rich history. We responsibly manage and transform forest resources into high-quality wood products. From the Canadian woodlands to the North American home building market, we strive for sustainability, collaboration, safety, and continuous improvement.
Reporting to the Director, Sales Co-Products, Ontario, you will assist in securing timber from Crown and private sources for Ontario sawmills. The position will be based out of Nairn Centre.
- Demonstrate commitment and adherence to EACOM values in the marketplace.
- Nurture relationships with current and new Crown and private suppliers of timber.
- Collaborate in developing short- and long-term wood supply strategies to meet Company objectives.
- Investigate, evaluate, prepare cost estimates and make recommendations on timber opportunities (species, size, quantity, quality, proximity, price, timing, etc.).
- Assist in negotiating and completing log purchase agreements.
- Search land holding titles at Ontario Land Registry Offices to pursue purchase opportunities.
- Schedule, oversee, and monitor purchase wood production.
- Work with receiving mills to achieve log quality performance objectives.
- Identify and pursue win/win log trade opportunities to optimize haul costs and secure preferred mill species.
- Investigate, establish and oversee satellite log yards, as required.
- Assist to market and sell the incidental volumes and profiles that are not utilized by EACOM (hardwood, cedar, white pine, red pine, pulpwood, etc.).
- Other tasks, as assigned.
- Outgoing and team oriented
- Organizing skills, flexible and reliable
- Strong work ethic and negotiating skills
- Analytical and strong business acumen (math, economic, finance)
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Preferably have forestry and/or business education with 5 to 8 years of relevant experience.
- Strong commitment to safety leadership and respect for the environment.
- Good understanding of logging practices (machine capabilities, costs, quality).
- Good understanding of sawmill log breakdown processes.
- Familiar with all forestry related regulations and policies.
- Ability to walk and assess standing timber for quantity and quality.
- Must be fluent in both written and spoken English; French is a strong asset.
- Computer skills required include knowledge of Outlook, Word & Excel.
- Valid driver license.
- The candidate should be available to travel, with overnight stays required on a regular basis.
If you are invited to continue the selection process, please notify us of any particular adaptive measures you might require. Any information you send us will be handled respectfully and in complete confidence.
EACOM is an employer that respects equal opportunities in employment.
The masculine gender is only for abbreviation.