- 519 Southwest Blvd, Kansas City, MO, United States
Dynamic, Engaging, Business-Minded Accounting Consultant Needed for Growing Entrepreneurial Business Services Company
e2E serves growing businesses by providing business management strategies to assist at various life-stages along the path from entrepreneur to enterprise. We assist business owners and executives in addressing a myriad of concerns that growth-oriented businesses face; from funding & banking options, budgeting & planning, accounting, payroll & taxes, hiring & HR compliance, scoping IT solutions/service contracts to facilities planning matters.
We are seeking a dynamic individual who enjoys working with entrepreneurial companies, excels in a fast-paced environment, is curious, enjoys providing a high-level of service and welcomes the challenges that come with change, learning new online software tools, managing priorities, and navigating back and forth between strategic and tactical activities. You will be on the ground floor for a growing company that has a grand vision for success. This is an awesome opportunity for the right person who is hungry for a rewarding challenge.
To learn more about e2E, visit our website at www.e2ekc.com.
Manages and provides outstanding consulting, accounting, and tax services to entrepreneurial clients by performing the following duties personally or through other staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- For certain assigned clients prepares: financial statements and/or financial schedules & reports; journal entries (daily/weekly/monthly/quarterly/annually); fixed asset schedules; payroll; and/or performs other general accounting/financial duties.
- Consults with assigned clients on various accounting/tax/business matters primarily related to general financial accounting activities such as accounts payable, W-9s, accounts receivable, fixed assets, payroll processing, adjusting journal entries, cash management, debt management, sales & use tax, business filings, etc.
- Responsible for overseeing Accounting Specialists work for assigned clients.
- Reviews similar accounting work prepared by other staff.
- Researches and documents technical accounting and tax topics and issues to support accounting and tax positions as well as to provide resources to other staff.
- Prepares both complex and non-complex client income tax returns, payroll tax returns, sales & use tax returns, personal property filings and business license filings, as well as, provides guidance to other staff regarding technical tax topics and issues.
- For certain assigned clients may process, or supervise staff in processing, payroll, client customer invoicing, accounts payable data entry and/or bill pay and ACH transactions.
- Performs work under a Principal’s direction on other special client projects including, but not limited to: assistance with the preparation of budgets and/or financial projections; profitability analysis; cash management models; internal control and segregation of duties analysis; tax planning strategies; etc.
- Keeps Principals informed by reviewing and analyzing special reports, summarizing information and identifying trends for areas of responsibility.
- Responsible for detail tracking of hours by client and project on a daily basis.
- Coordinates activities of various staff in support of the above functions.
Additional Specific Management Responsibilities w/ Accounting Emphasis
- Responsible for monitoring (as well as managing/developing the underlying support systems and processes) all client engagements with regard to accounting deadlines including, but not limited to: monthly, quarterly and annual financial closings; payroll cycles; payroll tax filings; W-2/W-3 filings; 1099 filings; sales & use tax filings; personal property tax filings; business license filings; personal, corporate and nonprofit tax returns; routine CFO consultations; and other special project deadlines.
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams. Ability to work well in groups and across functions;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Able to present recommendations and plans to senior management and key client representatives with poise and professional effectiveness;
- Customer focus, a hunger to solve customer problems;
- Self-starter with strong sense of ownership; able to work independently on projects;
- Solid organizational and project management skills/able to establish priorities, strong detailed execution and ability to multi-task;
- Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities with keen attention to detail;
- Ability to navigate back and forth between multiple tasks both strategic and tactical;
- Entrepreneurial disposition.
- University Degree in the field of accounting, finance, business administration, or another rigorous discipline. 5+ years of experience as a CPA or 8+ years working in a CPA firm.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.