- 519 Southwest Blvd, Kansas City, MO 64108, USA
e2E serves growing businesses by providing business management strategies and back office support to assist at various life-stages along the path from entrepreneur to enterprise. We assist business owners and executives in addressing a myriad of concerns that growth-oriented businesses face; from funding & banking options, budgeting & planning, accounting, payroll & taxes, hiring & HR compliance, scoping IT solutions/service contracts to facilities planning matters.
Dynamic, Engaging, Detailed, Human Resources Manager needed for Growing Entrepreneurial Business Services Company.
We are seeking a dynamic Human Resources Manager for a multi-client facing position. The ideal candidate has strong human resources expertise, enjoys working with leaders of entrepreneurial companies, is experienced in managing benefits, payroll and general HR functions, excels in a fast-paced environment, is curious, enjoys providing a high-level of service partnered with a high attention to accuracy, welcomes the challenges that come with change, ensures best practices, embraces learning new online software tools and improving processes, effectively manages multiple priorities, and comfortably navigates back and forth between strategic and tactical activities. We offer a flexible work environment, which means you can work from anywhere – office, home, a favorite coffee shop, etc. We just ask that you are available when our clients need you the most which is typically normal business hours M-F.
This is an awesome opportunity for the right person who enjoys assisting clients with the administrative human resources activities associated with new hires, terminations and benefits as well as creating policies and providing other general HR support, is an experienced human resources professional and is ready to leverage their experience in growing a professional services company.
To learn more about e2E, visit our website at www.e2ekc.com.
The Human Resources Manager acts as a partner with our client’s leadership and executive teams in helping them align HR processes with company initiatives and devise policies accordingly. This position also takes on an administrative role with our clients as their all-in-one HR department, which means the perfect candidate will not mind handling the administrative functions of HR for our clients. This position will work closely with the internal e2E payroll team who provide payroll services to our entrepreneurial clients. This position reports to the Director of Human Resources.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Deliver quality HR solutions and administrative support to clients
- Perform compensation studies and establish grading structure and pay ranges
- Conduct new client implementation processes along with client team, which involves review of current handbooks, policies, benefits, compensation strategy, recruitment and retention practices, and compliance
- Administer the new hire onboarding process for clients. Each client’s needs are different, but this could entail preparing offer letters, setting up the new hire information in payroll, collecting I-9 information and reviewing benefits
- Work with benefit brokers on client’s annual benefit renewals, may need to assist with annual enrollments for some clients
- Develop and assist in administering HR procedures with clients
- Work with clients to develop and/or update handbooks and review benefit guides provided by brokers
- Manage 401K and 403B annual testing and assist with 5500 filings for clients
- Act as backup to review client payrolls prepared by the e2E payroll team
- Maintain solid communication with team members working on the same clients
- Be available for client conference calls and meetings on a regular basis
- Keep abreast of local and state legislation affecting HR practices and procedures.
- Develop and implement HR policies to meet client needs and comply with state and federal laws.
- Educate clients on applicable legislation to ensure compliance with all regulatory guidelines
- Address and respond to unemployment claims
- Assist with recruiting and phone screening for open positions
- Assist with tracking PTO for client employees
- Administer FMLA for clients with 50+ employee
Knowledge and Skills
- Customer Service Oriented - is responsive and dedicated to assisting others, providing information and resolving issues timely and appropriately;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Able to present recommendations and plans to senior management teams and key client representatives with poise and professional effectiveness;
- Client focus with a strong desire to identify client problems and create actionable solutions;
- Forward thinker that can leverage technology and process improvement opportunities;
- Self-starter with strong sense of ownership and ability to direct and delegate, as well as roll up sleeves and dive into the details;
- Solid organizational and project management skills, able to establish priorities, strong detailed execution and ability to multi-task;
- Exhibits comfort with ambiguity and flexibility; takes initiative and strives for results;
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with a wide array of people;
- Track record of setting clear goals and priorities, making quick changes when appropriate, and navigating back and forth between multiple tasks both strategic and tactical;
- Experience in policy formulating, development, and implementation of key HR strategies and procedures;
- Knowledgeable of recruiting and legal aspects of hiring process as well as best practices;
- Knowledgeable in benefits options and annual renewal processes.
- Ability to manage time and prioritize multiple client projects and processes with attention to detail, not letting things slip through the cracks;
- Strong project management skills; ability to meet or exceed expectations with regard to deadlines and commitment to quality assurance; exhibits sense of urgency and responsibility;
- Desire to enhance existing and develop new HR clients to support the company’s goals;
- Ability to handle a great deal of sensitive and often personal information in a confidential caring and respectful manner;
- Demonstrated ability to lead and work well in groups and across functions;
- Entrepreneurial disposition.
- University degree in the field of human resources, business administration, or another similar discipline
- 3+ years of experience as a mid-level HR professional
- SHRM certificate preferred but not required
- All offers contingent on successful completion of background screen.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.