Business Development Specialist (Belgium and the Netherlands)
- Ring 37, 2200 Herentals, Belgium
Our M&A team is looking for a graduate or young professional to further accelerate our business in Belgium and the Netherlands.
To strengthen our company portfolio, we are looking for a Business Development Specialist to identify prospects in Belgium and The Netherlands.
As a Business Development Specialist you will have the opportunity to contribute in the pre-acquisition business activities and grow our company portfolio in Belgium and The Netherlands. You will represent the first contact in the acquisition process: finds and reach out to companies from the software sector.
Activities will include both initiating contact (via email, phone or otherwise) with potential targets as well as supporting target account management in order to ensure the market is sufficiently covered.
Together with your colleagues in the M&A team you map and analyze the Belgian and Dutch vertical market software markets, you will search, identify and contact valuable M&A prospects who have built an attractive business, increasing the M&A pipeline for the long term.
In close cooperation with the General Manager and Managing Directors you will built the relationship with the prospect.
The Business Development Specialist is supportive of a broader M&A team. The person will be based in Herentals (Belgium, office of Dynamic Software).
The ideal candidate is representative and has excellent Flemish or Dutch and English communication skills, has a fair degree of financial literacy and strong analytical skills. You feel comfortable conversing with experienced entrepreneurs and target company managing directors. We seek someone who is entrepreneurial and proactive in their mindset, yet also methodological in their approach.
- Grow our M&A prospect database in Belgium and The Netherlands by identifying vertical market software (VMS) businesses meeting our acquisition criteria.
- Initiate outbound prospecting calls, email and social media communication to identify and connect with new target companies in Belgium and The Netherlands.
- Visit trade shows and industry events in order to initiate contacts with prospective targets.
- Use Marketing and CRM data to build and maintain existing relationships with key stakeholders.
- Follow up on outbound and inbound prospect activities in a timely manner.
- Conduct first line interactions with company (primarily by telephone and face to face in the future), in order to qualify potential targets.
- Document meetings/ interactions in form of notes, interactions and administer efforts in Salesforce (our CRM system).
- Independent & proactive worker, who can also work in a team.
- Interest in and knowledge of IT and software.
- Ability to work on targets and able to write professional English and Dutch/Flemish e-mails and good telephone skills.
- Eagerness to learn.
- Commercial skills and sales affinity, ability to establish contact with senior executives at target companies who are unfamiliar with our company.
- Experience with (online) research.
- Native Belgian (Flemish/Dutch as native) and fluent in English.
- Bachelor or Master degree preferably (not mandatory) in Business Administration, Economics/Accounting, Sales, Commercial Sciences, or Marketing Management.
- Ability to understand financial concepts.
- 1-4 years’ experience in business development or sales roles.
- Willingness to travel to Belgium and The Netherlands 25% of the time.
- Driving license.
What We Offer
- Attractive compensation package.
- Extensive “on the job” training.
- Highly international work environment and opportunity to work in the field of Mergers & Acquisitions.
- Full-time position with a 1 year term, opportunity to obtain an infinite contract in the long term.
- Opportunity to grow in a rapidly expanding company.
If you have questions about this vacancy, please contact Eline Huijzendveld (Group Head of HR) +31 6 43392506. To apply, please send your resume and letter of application (in English).
About Total Specific Solutions
Total Specific Solutions (TSS) combines the knowledge and experience of market, business and software specialists. Together, the TSS companies represent a unique combination of specialist knowledge of diverse vertical markets, business processes and high-quality software. We are continuously focused on adding value to each of our vertical markets by finding, acquiring and growing great companies.
As part of Constellation Software Inc. (CSI), one of North America’s largest and most respected software companies, Total Specific Solutions is constantly seeking acquisition opportunities to add value to our existing vertical markets and is equally excited to explore new verticals when great opportunities present themselves.
We strongly believe in perpetual ownership, and therefore buy but never sell companies. Therefor you will be enabled to track the businesses you have sourced and maintain your relationships.
By doing so, we believe that this makes us the best software and services supplier across all of the vertical markets we serve. Our focus is on customer service, product innovation, quality, and technology.
Through the TSS Academies, we provide all colleagues the tools and knowledge to continuously improve and update their skillset. Knowledge travels by people. And we strongly believe that our people make the difference!
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.