Direct Support Professionals (DSP) / Caregivers
- Franklin, IN 46131, USA
Starting pay $14-$500 SIGN ON BONUS
At Dungarvin, you have the ability to make someone's life better! Embrace the opportunity to change someone's life by assisting people with disabilities. Providing personal and companion care at Dungarvin, you will have the ability to enhance the quality of life for individuals with disabilities.
Come Grow with Us! You Provide the Heart! We Provide the Training!
Need an awesome and rewarding job that also has flexible schedules available? Want to do work that is meaningful and important? Dungarvin is looking for great, dedicated people to provide direct care support to our individuals with developmental disabilities in our programs.
This is a great opportunity to gain experience in the social services and mental health fields.
What You’ll Be Doing:
Direct Support Professionals/Caregivers will provide assistance with activities of daily living to promote the autonomy and self-fulfillment of our individuals served, include but not limited to:
• Performing household duties
• Developing independent living skills
• Community activities (shopping, appointments, recreation, movies, hiking, etc.)
• Positive behavior management (training provided)
• Medication administration
• Implementing Individual Support Plans
• Basic life skills coaching
• Assisting with personal hygiene and cares (bathing, feeding, toileting, changing garments)
What You Will Learn:
• How to safely administer and document medication and attend to personal needs
• Communication skills with a variety of personalities and communication styles among people who experience developmental disabilities
• How to more effectively manage and de-escalate high behavior and crisis situations
• Discovering and developing creative ways to bring joy and stability to the lives of those we serve
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Valid driver's license with acceptable driving record
- Current auto liability insurance
- Reliable transportation
- Acceptable criminal record
- Part-time opportunities
- 401(k) plan available
- Paid training
- Group insurance benefits
- Employee referral bonus program
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Equal Opportunity Employer