Community Support Specialist
- Madison, WI, USA
At Dungarvin, you have the ability to make someone's life better! Embrace the opportunity to change someone's life by assisting people with disabilities. Providing personal and companion care at Dungarvin, you will have the ability to enhance the quality of life for individuals with disabilities.
STARTING WAGE OF $15.00
Full-time. Must be able to work a flexible and varied work schedule at any/all worksites based on program need and as assigned by supervisor. Total weekly hours may fluctuate and may include overtime. May be hired and primarily scheduled to work a combination of 1st, 2nd, and 3rd shift(s) dependent on program needs throughout Madison, WI.
- Flexible schedules including part-time opportunities
- 401(k) plan available
- Paid time off
- Mileage reimbursement
- Paid training
- Group insurance benefits
- Employee referral bonus program
Are you currently going to school and looking to gain experience in social work, mental health, etc? If so, apply today to get started on your career!
Working directly as a home health and companion care provider, you will be able to assist in a residential program. DSP caregivers provide support services and assistance to individuals in their homes or in the community. Candidates will have a desire to create lasting positive impacts on people's lives and enjoy coaching, mentoring, and encouraging others to reach their goals.
Our caregivers have a rewarding career facilitating meaningful experiences for people with disabilities. As a caregiver you will assist with daily activities, go on outings (mileage is reimbursed!), provide personal cares, and so much more. Embrace the opportunity to change someone's life.
- Minimum of 18 years of age.
- Valid driver’s license.
- State required minimum personal automobile liability coverage on personal vehicle and be willing to transport individuals supported.
- An acceptable driving record determined by Dungarvin’s insurance carrier.
- Ability to use personal vehicle to provide transportation for individuals served.
- Ability to work a varied work schedule as assigned by program supervisor.
- Ability to work at any/all programs in an area as assigned by program management.
- Prior experience in residential and/or support services for persons with developmental disabilities required.
Must also possess all of the following: A sincere desire to provide individualized supports to persons with developmental disabilities. Ability to make sound judgments when given guidance and priorities. Ability to work as a team member to maintain consistency and quality supports provision. Ability to communicate effectively with other staff members. Ability to provide leadership to other staff.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Equal Opportunity Employer