Human Resources (HR) Director
- Mendota Heights, MN, USA
A LITTLE ABOUT US:
Dungarvin is an established national human services organization dedicated to providing high quality, community-based supports to people with disabilities severe and persistent mental health, and complex medical needs. . Minnesota is in search of a mission driven human resources leader to oversee the largest state within Dungarvin providing vision and strategy and development of the HR team.
Our founders Tim and Diane Madden opened the first Dungarvin program serving 15 people in St. Paul, Minnesota, in March 1976. Tim and Diane were the live-ins for that first program and they have continued their leadership of the organization since. Through the success of that program Dungarvin has grown to employ approximately 4,000 people who currently provide supports to over 4,000 individuals across 14 states.
AREA OF RESPONSIBILITY:
The Human Resources (HR) Director is responsible for providing leadership to the Minnesota HR Department, consisting of 4 direct reports (total of 10-15 people in the dept). The position will work cooperatively with program management and help to provide human resources (hr) support in the areas of organizational effectiveness, workforce staffing, talent management and talent development.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Effectively onboard, supervise and guide the human resources staff in the department. Provide ongoing coaching and development of employees.
- Build a strong, communicative partnership with operations/program management to assist in determining the needs of the business; providing HR tools and resources where needed.
- Assist with the strategic planning to ensure the company is well-positioned for growth and HR needs.
- Oversee the implementation of effective employee recruitment and retention strategies in accordance with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Provide additional assistance regarding employee relations issues to program management as requested.
- Assure human resources functions comply with regulatory standards and the organization’s policies and are performed effectively and efficiently.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR:
- 8-10 years of broad-based exempt-level human resources experience. Experience in employee relations, recruiting, and workers compensation claims management, training, HRIS, ATS, etc.
- 3+ years of management experience specifically with performance management, coaching and developing others specific to HR
- Bachelor's degree in HR or related field, required
- PHR certification, preferred
- The ability to communicate effectively to all stakeholders and to build relationships at all levels of the organization
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Equal Opportunity Employer