Health Services Professional
- Owensboro, KY, USA
A LITTLE ABOUT US:
Dungarvin is a national organization of privately owned companies that are dedicated to providing high quality, community-based supports to people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, people who are faced with mental health, behavioral or significant medical challenges, and to children and their families.
- Offering $350 Hiring Bonus!!
Our founders (Husband and wife duo) Tim and Diane Madden opened the first Dungarvin program, an ICF/MR serving 15 people, in St. Paul, Minnesota, in March 1976. Tim and Diane were the live-in “houseparent’s” for that first program. Through the success of that program Dungarvin has grown to employ approximately 4,000 people who currently provide supports to over 4,000 individuals across 14 states.
Working directly as a Health Services Professional/ Medication Technician, you will be able to assist in a residential, group home or day program setting. A HSP/ Med Tech ensures that medication policy and processes are being delivered properly and to Dungarvin standards! Hiring Immediately and currently offering a $350 Hiring Bonus and 2 $25 gas cards for your first 2 weeks of training!!
Main responsibilities and duties, but not limited to:
- Ensures that medication policy and processes are delivered and maintained according to the SCL Regulations and Dungarvin policies.
- Provides ongoing training and in-services to staff along with Dungarvin Nurse (RN or LPN) to ensure the Medication Process is properly in place
- Works hand in hand with Dungarvin’s designated Pharmacy to ensure that all individuals’ prescriptions are up to date, medication labels are current and correct, MAR’s are accurate and all documentation matches (prescriptions to labels to MAR’s)
- Checks on all medications for each individual and ensures that they are correctly delivered to each home for each individual on a weekly basis. Appropriately handles any situations needing correction.
- Serves as the first point of contact for Dungarvin staff related to individuals’ medication questions, issues, etc. Serves as point of contact during the week, on the weekends and after office hours to ensure individual medication needs are being met in a timely manner
- Assists in other areas of office work and in the homes as needed
- Monitors Medication QA in the homes and reports documentation and medication errors accordingly.
- Attends in-services and workshops to keep abreast of current policies in the field of DDID, home health care and supports for community living waiver services.
- Performs varied duties as necessary and appropriate to enhance and normalize the lives of Waiver Participants (SCL, MPW) in the SCL program. This may include taking individuals to community outings, doctor appointments, to and from workshop, etc.
- High school degree or equivalent required.
- One or more years of office administration and computer experience preferred.
- Previous experience performing customer service and interacting with individuals inside and outside an organization preferred.
- Must have knowledge of medical administration and documentation.
- Currently offering a $350 Hiring Bonus and 2 $25 gas gift cards for your first 2 weeks of training!!
- Hours are generally Monday through Friday, day and early evening hours; however; the residential support assistant must be flexible to accommodate participants, staff, and home needs.
- This position assists with taking calls after hours
- 401 (k) plan available
- Paid training
- Group insurance benefits
- Employees referral bonus program
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Equal Opportunity Employer