Recruiting/Talent Acquisition Supervisor
- Portage, IN, USA
A LITTLE ABOUT US:
Dungarvin is a national organization of privately owned companies that are dedicated to providing high quality, community-based supports to people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, people who are faced with mental health, behavioral or significant medical challenges, and to children and their families.
Our founders Tim and Diane Madden opened the first Dungarvin program serving 15 people in St. Paul, Minnesota, in March 1976. Tim and Diane were the live-ins for that first program and they have continued their leadership of the organization since. Through the success of that program Dungarvin has grown to employ approximately 4,000 people who currently provide supports to over 4,000 individuals across 14 states.
- Portage, IN
- Indianapolis, IN
- South Bend, IN
AREA OF RESPONSIBILITY:
The Human Resources (HR) Recruitment Supervisor provides leadership, support, advocacy and supervision to the recruiters. The HR Recruitment Supervisor is responsible to ensure recruiters are implementing best practices and filling positions in a timely manner.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Oversee and maintain recruitment records in accordance with equal employment opportunity, affirmative action, federal and state standards.
- Develop, implement, and coordinate effective employee recruitment strategies.
- Effectively hire, train, supervise and manage the recruitment staff reporting to this position, assuring an effective and efficient recruitment team in the human resources department.
- To provide ongoing coaching and development to recruiters.
- Identify and approve advertising and recruiting needs based on the market and trends while maintaining the fiscal budget.
- Designs, develops and maintain the recruitment process in the organization (including its description, recruitment measurement definitions, regular measurement reporting, taking proper actions to close gaps)
- Explores the market best practices in the recruitment and staffing and implement appropriate best practices in the organization
- Builds a quality relationship with supervisors.
- Monitors and constantly reduces the costs of the recruitment process.
- Sets the social media communication strategy for different job profiles and functions in the organization.
- Ability to conduct job interviews for managerial and administrative job positions (or key jobs in the organization)
- Provide ongoing coaching and development to employees including but not limited to, acting as a role model, providing constructive feedback, developing a succession plan for employee growth, and documenting performance issues or concerns.
- Promote positive teamwork and communications within the department, and with Dungarvin employees, operations management and NCO HR department.
- Must have a Bachelors degree coupled with three years of recruiting experience (or equivalent combination of education and experience).
- Must have progressive full-cycle recruiting experience.
- 1+ years of supervisory experience with responsibility for performance management, coaching and developing others specific to HR.
- ATS experience required with Preference to SmartRecruiters and Ultipro.
- Working knowledge of employment laws, specifically impacting the recruitment and selection.
- Prefer 2 years of work experience in a corporate setting (not agency or consultancy)
SKILLS CRITICAL TO MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL IN ROLE:
- Ability to think critically – recognizes connections, translates goals into action, uses strong judgment to make choices in alignment with strategy and company culture/values.
- Ability to connect with people – fosters strong partnerships, interacts well with employees at all levels.
- Self-motivated and driven – strives to deliver great results and drive continuous improvement, gets things done.
- Demonstrates flexibility and adaptability; thrives in a changing and/or fast paced environment.
- Advanced candidate sourcing skills.
- Ability to partner and build rapport with business partners both internally and externally.
- Built and led high performing recruiting teams.
- Strong people management and mentoring skills.
- Strong experience and aptitude in current recruiting technologies: ATS, internet sourcing tools.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
The HR recruitment supervisor reports to the Human Resources Director.
C; Exempt; Supervisory
Full time; usually during normal business hours, Monday to Friday, 8:30 am – 5:00 pm. Position may require some evening and weekend hours. Occasional overnight travel expected. Schedule must be flexible to accommodate various personnel and organizational needs.