Direct Support Professional (DSP)/ Caregiver - Adult Day Program
- Santa Rosa, CA, USA
Are you #readytowork?
At Dungarvin, you have the ability to make someone's life better! Embrace the opportunity to change someone's life by assisting people with disabilities. Providing personal and companion care at Dungarvin, you will have the ability to enhance the quality of life for individuals with disabilities.
Dungarvin is looking for great dedicated Direct Support Professionals to provide direct care support to people with developmental disabilities in our Day Program. Candidates will have a desire to create a lasting positive impact on people's lives and enjoy coaching, mentoring, and encouraging others to reach their goals.
This position is also designated as an Unlimited Driving Position --defined as one that requires an employee to drive a motor vehicle as a part of his/her Dungarvin work, including vehicles owned or leased by Dungarvin, and/or to drive a vehicle in which a person served is transported.
Positions are Monday - Friday 9am - 3pm
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Currently in-person services at the program site are on hold and services are being conducted remotely. Staff should be able to work remotely, delivering workshops and engaging one to one with the individuals we serve via zoom, telephone, and front porch visits. We will return to full in-person services as soon as public health deems it safe to do so.
- Assisting the persons served to direct the course of their own lives, develop and maintain relationships, and participate in their communities
- Assisting individuals with planning and achieving goals
- Assisting with direct care and support with daily activities such as mealtime and personal care
- Driving the company van or small bus to activities in the community
- Following protocols and procedures to maintain a healthy and safe environment
- At least 21 years old
- Experience with a virtual platform such as Zoom
- High school diploma or GED
- Valid driver's license with acceptable driving record
- Pass criminal background check FBI/DOJ
- Physician's clearance and TB test clearance
- Drug test clearance
- Hourly wage $15.33
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401(k) plan available
- Paid time off
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Employee referral bonus program
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Keywords: #readytowork, day program, autism, dsp, direct support professional, behavioral health, direct care, caregiver, care, development disabilities
Equal Opportunity Employer