- Florence, KY, USA
A LITTLE ABOUT US:
Dungarvin is a national organization of privately owned companies that are dedicated to providing high quality, community-based supports to people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, people who are faced with mental health, behavioral or significant medical challenges, and to children and their families.
Our founders (Husband and wife duo) Tim and Diane Madden opened the first Dungarvin program, an ICF/MR serving 15 people, in St. Paul, Minnesota, in March 1976. Tim and Diane were the live-in “houseparent’s” for that first program. Through the success of that program Dungarvin has grown to employ approximately 4,000 people who currently provide supports to over 4,000 individuals across 14 states.
This position oversees delivery of consumer support services by contractual family home providers in assigned location(s). Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements through quality assurance activities. Marketing and recruiting of potential contractual family home providers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures consumer and guardian participation in development of service plan and personal futures plan.
- Coordinates development of each person(s) served personal futures plan.
- Develops waiting list for potential consumer vacancies.
- Demonstrates knowledge of contractual, legal and regulatory requirements.
- Monitors to ensure all FHP sites deliver services in accordance with contractual, legal and regulation requirements.
- Demonstrates organization’s commitment and leadership skills.
- Demonstrates knowledge of Dungarvin’s mission by managing for outcomes. Is aware of quality indicators and achieve results.
- Monitors/implements/supervises delivery of service plans and personal futures plan and training of FHP.
- Ensures all written training programs are implemented and revised as needed.
- Maintains training records and conditions of contract for FHP.
- Review and approve billing as applicable.
- Implements/monitors compliance with Health and Safety programs.
- Develops positive relationships with all FHP and stakeholders.
- Espouse Dungarvin’s Mission.
- Ensure all FHP's receive training as required by regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Preferred BA/BS in Business, Health Care Administration or Social Services
- High school diploma or GED equivalent and three years of related job experience may be substituted per area regulations.
- Minimum two years of verifiable work experience providing services and supports to individuals with developmental disabilities
- One year previous supervisory experience preferred
- Must be able to travel between service sites, staying overnight as necessary
- Experience in managing systems, processes and people
- Working knowledge of Federal, State and Local regulations concerning services to individuals with mental retardation and/or other developmental disabilities
SKILLS THAT WILL HELP YOU EXCEL:
- Possess thorough, organized and detail-oriented approach to work for error-free medication reviews.
- Possess effective interpersonal, verbal communication, and listening skills.
- Ability to deal with a variety of people, personalities, situations and backgrounds over the telephone and in person.
- Maintain a professional image and positive work attitude in order to appropriately represent SCL Participants, visitors, candidates and employees.
- Ability to work as an effective and proactive team-player with employees, co-workers and management.
- Time management and self-management skills necessary.
Full time expected to work 40+ hours weekly. The Program Coordinator’s schedule must be flexible to accommodate various program, individual, and staff needs. Office hours are typically 8:00am – 5:00pm, Monday-Friday. Additionally, effective monitoring of Family Home Providers requires the Program Coordinator be present at various hours in the home to monitor for ongoing compliance.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Equal Opportunity Employer