Direct Support Professionals (DSP) / Instructor
- Fairfield, CA, USA
Are you #readytowork?
At Dungarvin, you have the ability to make someone's life better! Embrace the opportunity to change someone's life by assisting people with disabilities. Providing personal and companion care at Dungarvin, you will have the ability to enhance the quality of life for individuals with disabilities.
Dungarvin is hiring a Direct Support Professional (DSP) to support people with developmental disabilities in our Fairfield Resource Center. This is a community-based training program with an emphasis on seeking and maintaining employment opportunities. Candidates will have a desire to create a lasting positive impact on people's lives and enjoy coaching, mentoring, and encouraging others to reach their goals.
Position is Monday - Friday 9am - 3pm
This is a remote position with needing the availability to work from the office when needed
Job duties include:
- Conduct classes virtually and 1:1
- Assisting the persons served to direct the course of their own lives, develop and maintain relationships, and participate in their communities
- Assisting individuals with planning and achieving goals
- Mentor and coach individuals
- Assist with Job Coaching
- Implementing positive behavior support plans
- Driving the company van or small bus to activities in the community
- Following protocols and procedures to maintain a healthy and safe environment
- 1 year of experience needed
- At least 18 years old
- High school diploma or GED
- Valid driver's license with acceptable driving record
- Pass criminal background check FBI/DOJ
- Physician's clearance and TB test clearance
- Wages - $15.63 per hour
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401(k) plan available
- Paid time off
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Employee referral bonus program
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Keywords: autism, behaviors, direct care, mentoring, mentor, job coach, dsp, direct support, instructor, #readytowork, job development, becoming independent, development disabilities
Equal Opportunity Employer