- Eugene, OR, USA
At Dungarvin, you have the ability to make someone's life better! Embrace the opportunity to change someone's life by assisting people with disabilities. Providing personal and companion care at Dungarvin, you will have the ability to enhance the quality of life for individuals with disabilities.
The Trainer conducts new employee orientations of direct support providers hired to work in the homes/programs that Dungarvin Oregon, LLC operates, as well as administrative and supervisory personnel. In addition, the Trainer conducts refresher trainings for continued employment, participates in self-assessments, enters training records, and will be responsible for monitoring and organizing training materials and equipment for classes.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Maintain working knowledge of all regulations, policies and service philosophies.
- Coordinate and conduct all training for new employees, and refresher trainings for existing employees.
- Ensure that training room and training materials are available and accessible to complete training.
- To organize and maintain all training resources.
- To remain within fiscal limits for the staff-training budget in the administration of all training responsibilities.
- Participate in open and direct communication with all employees specifically relating to training issues.
- To promote a positive and professional attitude toward others.
- To provide assistance and support in other areas, as requested.
- Minimum high school diploma/GED equivalent; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 1-2 years experience or education related to teaching, training, or in-service presentations.
- Previous experience working with individuals who have disabilities is preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills, as well as time management and organizational skills.
- Current certification in CPR and First Aid preferred. Ability to obtain certification and maintain required certifications required.
This is a full time (40 hour) position, starting pay around $16-$17/hour! Other perks include generous benefits, paid time off, and extensive paid training.
- 401(k) plan available
- Paid time off
- Paid training
- Group insurance benefits
- Employee referral bonus program
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Equal Opportunity Employer