Human Resources (HR) Generalist
- Santa Rosa, CA, USA
A LITTLE ABOUT US:
Dungarvin is a national organization of privately owned companies that provide high quality, community-based supports to people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, people who are faced with mental health, behavioral or significant medical challenges, and to children and their families.
Our founders (Husband and wife duo) Tim and Diane Madden opened the first Dungarvin program, an ICF/MR serving 15 people, in St. Paul, Minnesota, in March 1976. Tim and Diane were the live-in “houseparent’s” for that first program. Through the success of that program Dungarvin has grown to employ approximately 4,000 people who currently provide supports to over 4,000 individuals across 14 states.
Our robust Human Resources team seeks an additional team player who can bring an energetic, strategic, influential, creative and forward-thinking personality to the table. This is the perfect role for an HR professional who loves to build and maintain strong working relationships with operations, management and staff.
AREA OF RESPONSIBILITY:
The Human Resources (HR) Generalist is responsible for fulfilling a variety of HR functions under the direction of the HR Director, and provide backup to the state's Recruiter.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- New hire orientation
- Benefits, including leave of absences
- Workers compensation
- Employee relations
- Employee retention/recognition
- Employment Law
- Payroll inquiries
- Employee communication
WHAT'S EXCITING ABOUT THE ROLE:
- Lots of autonomy
- Challenging but rewarding
- Ability to help develop the culture
- Develop and enhance new and existing processes
- Bridge the gap between employees, managers and HR
- Opportunity for growth into other roles
WHAT WE LOOK FOR:
- Bachelor’s degree with three (3) years of general human resources experience OR a minimum of a High School Diploma/GED with five (5) years of general human resources experience
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills- specifically Excel.
- Experience working within HRIS, ATS, and LMS Systems. Preference: Ultipro or SmartRecruiters
- Ability to do some travel within the state.
SKILLS CRUCIAL TO SUCCESS IN THIS ROLE:
- You should have an ability to connect with people – foster strong partnerships, interact well with employees at all levels.
- You should be self-motivated and driven – strives to deliver great results and drive continuous improvement in process and workflow.
- You should be flexible and adaptable; and thrive in a changing and/or fast paced environment.
- You should be a “Big Picture” inquisitive, analytical and forward-thinking individual who isn’t afraid to ask why and if the fastest way to deliver results.
- You should have excellent organizational skills as well as have a high degree of attention to detail and accuracy.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Equal Opportunity Employer