Human Resources Specialist
- South Bend, IN, USA
Dungarvin is seeking an energetic, organized, career-minded Human Resources Specialist to join our team in our South Bend, IN office. Provides information to employees regarding regulations, policies, benefits, and general support. Addresses a broad variety of issues, maintains files, databases, and records of personnel actions, evaluations, and tenure.
1. To maintain and disseminate personnel information using the human resources/payroll information system.
2. To assist the payroll department with processing accurate and timely payroll each pay period.
3. To establish and maintain files within the human resources department in an organized and secure fashion.
4. To administer group benefit programs, including insurance and 401(k).
5. To provide professional human resources orientation for all new Dungarvin staff and be available as a training resource.
6. To ensure clear and effective communication with Dungarvin supervisors and employees as required.
7. To respond to reference requests and conduct exit interviews, in accordance with Dungarvin policies.
8. To administer leaves of absences in accordance with company policy
9. Other various duties as assigned by the HR Generalist or Director.
Bachelor’s degree or four years of general human resources experience, experience cultivating positive relationships with business partners and employees, and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Must have strong computer skills, including but not limited to experience with HRIS, payroll software and Microsoft Office programs.
- A fun and diverse work environment of caring human service professionals who are dedicated to making a difference in the lives of the people we support.
- Group insurance benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- 401(k) plan
- Flexible paid time off
- Employee referral bonus program
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Equal Opportunity Employer