Human Resources (HR) Director
- Gardena, CA, USA
Dungarvin is an established national human services organization dedicated to providing high quality, community-based supports to people with disabilities, severe and persistent mental health, and complex medical needs.
AREA OF RESPONSIBILITY:
The Human Resources (HR) Director is responsible for providing leadership of all HR departments in California and New Mexico, directly overseeing 9 HR staff. The position will work cooperatively with program management to provide strategic human resources (HR) support in the areas of recruiting, hiring and training, compliance, and employee relations.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Effectively hire, train, supervise and manage the human resources staff in the department. Provide ongoing coaching and development of employees.
- Assist with the strategic planning to ensure the company is well-positioned for growth and HR needs.
- Assure human resources functions comply with regulatory standards and the organization’s policies and are performed effectively and efficiently.
- Oversee the implementation of effective employee recruitment strategies in accordance with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Provide technical assistance regarding employee relations issues to program management as requested.
- Oversee implementation of strategic goals, including, but not limited to: a learning management system, organizational training's, and retention and engagement initiatives.
- Oversee the effective management of workers compensation and unemployment claims.
- Apply/use change management strategies to enhance processes and align departments
WHAT WE LOOK FOR:
- 8-10 years of broad-based exempt-level human resources experience (employee relations, recruiting, workers compensation, training, HRIS)
- Bachelors degree, preferred
- Ability to travel to New Mexico and within the state of California - 50%
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Valid driver's license
- Reliable transportation
- Acceptable criminal record
- PHR certification, preferred
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Equal Opportunity Employer