Direct Support Professionals / Caregivers
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
At Dungarvin, you will have the ability to make someone's life better, so embrace the opportunity to change someone's life by assisting individuals with disabilities. Providing personal and companion care at Dungarvin, you will have the ability to enhance the quality of life for our individuals! Check out our current career opportunities!
Come Grow with Us! You Provide the Heart! We Provide the Training!
Need an awesome and rewarding job that also has flexible schedules available? Want to do work that is meaningful and important? Dungarvin is looking for great, dedicated people to provide direct care support to our individuals with developmental disabilities in our programs throughout various areas in Indianapolis.
This is a great opportunity to gain experience in the social services and mental health fields.
What You’ll Be Doing:
Direct Support Professionals/Caregivers will provide assistance with activities of daily living to promote the autonomy and self-fulfillment of our individuals served, include but not limited to:
• Performing household duties
• Developing independent living skills
• Community activities (shopping, appointments, recreation, movies, hiking, etc.)
• Positive behavior management (training provided)
• Medication administration
• Implementing Individual Support Plans
• Basic life skills coaching
• Assisting with personal hygiene and cares (bathing, feeding, toileting, changing garments)
What You Will Learn:
• How to safely administer and document medication and attend to personal needs
• Communication skills with a variety of personalities and communication styles among people who experience developmental disabilities
• How to more effectively manage and de-escalate high behavior and crisis situations
• Discovering and developing creative ways to bring joy and stability to the lives of those we serve
•Health, Dental, & Vision plans
•Competitive wages with flexible schedules
•Paid time off
•Variety of other voluntary benefits offered
•Employee referral bonus program
Pay rate: $10.50/hour
Apply now to start your career in human services today!
• Must be at least 18 years old
• Current auto liability insurance
• Reliable transportation
• Valid driver's license
• Acceptable driving/criminal record (after receiving an offer, you will need to have a satisfactory criminal background check and driving records check)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Dungarvin is an equal opportunity employer.