Human Resources Director
- Albuquerque, NM, USA
A LITTLE ABOUT US:
Dungarvin is a national organization of privately owned companies that provide high quality, community-based supports to people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, people who are faced with mental health, behavioral or significant medical challenges, and to children and their families. Because each individual we support is unique, we strive to provide services that are tailored to each person's own hopes, dreams, goals and needs.
Our founders Tim and Diane Madden opened the first Dungarvin program serving 15 people in St. Paul, Minnesota, in March 1976. Tim and Diane were the live-ins for that first program and they have continued their leadership of the organization since. Through the success of that program Dungarvin has grown to employ approximately 4,000 people who currently provide supports to over 4,000 individuals across 14 states.
AREA OF RESPONSIBILITY:
The Human Resources (HR) Director is responsible for providing leadership of HR departments in New Mexico, and California (travel required) overseeing 9 HR professionals. The position will work cooperatively with program management to provide human resources (hr) support in the areas of recruiting, hiring and training, and employee relations.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Strong HR functional expertise; knowledgeable on employment law matters, compliance management, organizational design, and change management
- The ability to communicate effectively to all stakeholders and to build relationships at all levels of the organization
- Comfortable as a "hands-on" manager and willing to roll up your sleeves to get things done
- Effectively hire, train, supervise and manage the human resources staff in the department. Provide ongoing coaching and development of employees.
- Work closely with business leadership team to provide thought partnership, coaching, organization support.
- Drive HR strategies, programs, and policies for business area.
- Assure human resources functions comply with regulatory standards and the organization’s policies and are performed effectively and efficiently.
- Oversee the implementation of effective employee recruitment strategies in accordance with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Provide technical assistance regarding employee relations issues to program management as requested.
- Oversee implementation of strategic goals, including, but not limited to: a learning management system, organizational training's, and retention and engagement initiatives.
- Oversee the effective management of workers compensation and unemployment claims.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR:
- 8-10 years of broad-based exempt-level human resources experience (employee relations, recruiting, workers compensation, training, HRIS, ATS)
- 3+ years of management experience specifically with performance management, coaching and developing others specific to HR.
- Bachelors degree, preferred
- PHR certification, preferred
Full time; usually during normal business hours, Monday to Friday, 8:30 am – 5:00 pm. Ability to travel within New Mexico and California is required.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Equal Opportunity Employer