- Farmington, NM, USA
At Dungarvin, you have the ability to make someone's life better! Embrace the opportunity to change someone's life by assisting people with disabilities. Providing personal and companion care at Dungarvin, you will have the ability to enhance the quality of life for individuals with disabilities.
Working directly as a home health and companion caregiver, you will be able to assist in a residential, group home or day program setting. DSP Residential Coordinators provide support services and assistance to individuals in their homes or in the community. Candidates will have a desire to create lasting positive impacts on people's lives and enjoy coaching, mentoring, and encouraging others to reach their goals.
- Coordination of aspects in the home like: safety, health care/nutrition, and general household operations and individual services such as: individual finances, community integration, program planning/assessment/implementation, family involvement, and education/vocational programs.
- Communicating with the Program Director, Nurse, Consumer Benefits Coordinator, Health Service Coordinator, and maintenance staff
- Assist in training, follow up, and coaching with program staff
- Carrying out responsibilities and duties of the Program Counselor during all direct care shifts
What We’re Looking For:
- Sincere desire to provide supports to persons with developmental disabilities
- Ability to make sound judgments
- Ability to work as a team member to maintain consistency and quality in services and exchange support, feedback, and ideas with co-workers and team members
- Flexibility in working various days, hours, sites and with various individuals
- Leadership ability
- Minimum 18 years of age, high school diploma/GED, and basic computer skills
- Personal vehicle and liability insurance
- 1 - 5 years of experience in residential and/or support services for individuals with developmental disabilities
- Ability to complete thorough documentation
- Leadership skills
- Flexible schedules including part-time and full-time opportunities
- 401(k) plan available
- Paid time off
- Paid training
- Group insurance benefits
- Employee referral bonus program
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Equal Opportunity Employer