Direct Support Professionals (DSP) / Caregivers
- Long Beach, CA, USA
At Dungarvin, you have the ability to make someone's life better! Embrace the opportunity to change someone's life by assisting people with disabilities. Providing personal and companion care at Dungarvin, you will have the ability to enhance the quality of life for individuals with disabilities.
Dungarvin is looking for great dedicated caregivers to provide direct care support to people with developmental disabilities in our day programs. Candidates will have a desire to create a lasting positive impact on people's lives and enjoy coaching, mentoring, and encouraging others to reach their goals.
Positions are Monday - Friday, Part-time (25 hours a week)
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting the persons served to direct the course of their own lives, develop and maintain relationships, and participate in their communities
- Assisting individuals with planning and achieving goals
- Assisting with direct care and support with daily activities such as mealtime and personal care
- Implementing positive behavior support plans
- Driving the company van or small bus to activities in the community
- Following protocols and procedures to maintain a healthy and safe environment
- NO EXPERIENCE NEEDED WITH PAID TRAINING!
- At least 18 years old
- High school diploma or GED
- Valid driver's license with acceptable driving record
- Pass criminal background check FBI/DOJ
- Physician's clearance and TB test clearance
- Wages - $14.77 per hour
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401(k) plan available
- Paid time off
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Employee referral bonus program
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Equal Opportunity Employer